Fix me (video)

um..... dont lock your knees.

that could be a serious injury.

keep them bent

and listen to your trainer.

and get some better music to workout to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFd65118nN4

What am I doing wrong?

Gimmie some combos.

Don't take your eye's off from the direction of your punches or kick. When you in front of your target, you are to square in relation to that target. Work on your footwork and closing on the target as well. I hope this help's, there is more but work on this first which will help right away.

Keep "IT" Real,
John McNabney

Your kicks are basically ok, sometimes you don't rotate your standing foot far enough, the toes of your standing foot should at least turn 90 degrees outwards. Coordinate your hips the way that if you would look from above your body and thigh would be in line on the moment of impact.

Use a better camera angle, the light is distracting :D

Work on pivoting!
There are a few other things but get that done first. For better advice ask your trainer.

Not looking too bad, maybe show it to your coach and ask for advice. As other people have said, pivoting will really halp with power in your kicks, also maybe vary the combos with your hands a bit more, and dont forget about push kick. Just keep training hard and things will all start to come together.

Best of luck

Yeah man doesnt look too bad, it's obvious you've had training so just keep learning from your coaches looks like they're steering you str8 ;)
I know that was no help...sorry LOL...it looks like you already know because the only things you did wrong that i saw you didnt do wrong all the time so just practice, practice, practice which is the same that i need to do too ;)

First off quit trying to machine gun your kicks because your form is just bad to begin with. You dont turn your hips over at all so the kicks aren't going to have much power. You need to step at a 45 degree angle on the balls of your feet shoot your hip and roll your shoulders over. Keep your off kicking hand up so you don't get knocked the fuck out and use your thrown over shoulder to block your chin with your throwing leg. You really need to go to a gym though because that is a lot of stuff to fix on your own and you need the help.

you seem to look like you're losing balance on your punches. Practice rotating your hips more.
Your footwork is still terrible. Don't be so flat footed.

no offense you make one of these threads every week, you get the same advice.

I watch this vid, and it's the same as the rest.

you want to learn to kick, but your throwing more punches then kicks.

Ask your trainer what your doing wrong not Sherdog, 80% of them are idiots.

NO OFFENSE to no body, but there are some young kids, or older people that have never trained a day in their life, and they could be giving you advice that is complete shit.

Your left hook has potential. You just gotta use more hip and leg and less arm.

Hey man. I teach Muay Thai and Chinese Boxing so here's my advice. Overall, it's not too bad. Remember that a Heavy Bag is primarily used for developing power. That means you need to rotate on your support foot more which in turn will turn your hip over. You want the kick to have a downward chop to it. Also work low leg kicks as well as high kicks. I also notice that when you kick, your upper body is in the wrong range. What i mean is that your opponent should not be able to touch your face with a punch during your kick. Make sure that you keep your head in kicking range and not boxing range when you throw the kick. Lastly, i see this a lot, don't do any "posing". The speed of a kick (also a punch) comes from the "retraction" not the extension . So make sure you get that kicking leg back to a solid stance right away. Footwork needs more work but you probably already know that. Keep practicing and good luck!

Chinaboxer

Ask your trainer what your doing wrong not Sherdog, 80% of them are idiots.

NO OFFENSE to no body, but there are some young kids, or older people that have never trained a day in their life, and they could be giving you advice that is complete shit.

i agree. Utilize more karate chops after your leg kicks. So it goes like this..Leg kick, karate chop, left hook, horse stance.

all in the hips and shoulders) The angle at which your coming at (due to the lack of hips) can cause your kicks to go right up into the elbow on an opponent, which isn't good.

Overall, practice form over speed and power, then gradually work your way up.

Certain advice you can ask, and other you can't.

posting a video up and asking randoms to pick apart your game, and fix it is a real hit and miss.

so far from what I've read theres been good advice said, but someone could come in and say something stupid but yet believable and you'd practice this bad technique so much it's be drilled into your head.

lol and it just continues, if your training ask your trainer I'm sure he's wise and will tell you the right away.

Hell I could say I teach muay thai in Thail, shit I train Buakow at Fairtex.

but do you believe it...? lol

posting a video up and asking randoms to pick apart your game, and fix it is a real hit and miss.

so far from what I've read theres been good advice said, but someone could come in and say something stupid but yet believable and you'd practice this bad technique so much it's be drilled into your head.

lol and it just continues, if your training ask your trainer I'm sure he's wise and will tell you the right away.

NO! Because I train Buakaw at fairtex! And yodsanklai too.

Yea please believe that I dont listen to half the people on this forum. I do like the outside advice, becuase they often tell me stuff that ive overlooked in my own review.

Im at the point where I know what im doing wrong and im trying to change the way I do things. It looks like my biggest gap, is my footwork.

Footwork is a big one, but for your kicks it is really your hips. You just aren't turning them over and that is hard to fix by yourself unless you have someone constantly criticizing you because it is hard to tell at times.

Back