Fitch vs Demian Maia

ElCasca

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This fight can be in the same time a excellent fight on the ground with Demian attempts subs ad Fitch trying to defend and Fitch him out. Or could be a very boring striking match with 0 knockdowns and 0 damage for both. I think if Jon tries to stand Demian can Take him down or even pull guard. But submit Fitch is a hard tesk. This fight has no safe bet

This is either going to be a crappy stand up fight or a sick grappling match

Fitch lets people take his back because he's 'unchokable'.

Let's see if he pulls that shit with Maia.

Very rarely do I get excited for a grappling match, but this one I like. I expect to see K1 Maia at first and then Fitch getting overwhelmed by strikes and goes for the first TD

I want to see if Fitch lets him take the back

Maia is so damn good in BJJ that has a lot more of subs to try to finish Fitch. He could very well attempt a armbar when he gets Fitch back

If Maia gets in the same back position as Eric Silva, he's going to leave with Fitch's head.

I'm playing Maia at +150 for sure. Fitch is super tough, but If Maia doesn't gas he has a great chance at winning this. If BJ could take Fitch down and control him like that, Maia certainly can as well.

This is an awesome matchup. I think is a 50/50 fight.

I will probably go with Fitch by UD.

I really really hope this turns into a sick grappling match, but, Fitch will likely be able to prevent any TD's and has slightly better standup.

I hope Fitch destroys another superior Black belt with his wrestling.

there's no way there's not going to be td's. maia has looked beastly at ww and fitch's tdd is not good.

I really really hope this turns into a sick grappling match, but, Fitch will likely be able to prevent any TD's and has slightly better standup.

what makes you say that? has he even shown the ability to stuff td's?

Fitch couldn't stop an undersized BJ Penn from taking him down and getting his back multiple times.

Maia has this.

Awesome match up.

Fitch is alot tougher than Maia and that factor will probably give him the striking edge.

Maia is comfortable on his back or on top, whereas Fitch obviously prefers to work his top game.

No idea whos gonna win this.

what makes you say that? has he even shown the ability to stuff td's?

Well, he has a solid wrestling background and pretty good TD's in his own right, he's def. one of the better MMA wrestlers out there. I've never seen anyone take him down other than GSP and Penn. On top of that, Maia isn't exactly known for his TD's. I can't think of any impressive Maia TD's offhand.

Well, he has a solid wrestling background and pretty good TD's in his own right, he's def. one of the better MMA wrestlers out there. I've never seen anyone take him down other than GSP and Penn. On top of that, Maia isn't exactly known for his TD's. I can't think of any impressive Maia TD's offhand.

Maia took Sonnen down who arguably has better MMA wrestling than Fitch.

How about tossing Sonnen to the mat and triangling him?

Or taking down Stun Gun?

Or taking down Story and breaking his neck?

Back