Fitbit/ activity trackers

PocketNinja

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Anyone used one of these before, debating one just to keep an idea on what's happening for weight dropping and sleep tracking

They seem to be made for fatasses who want to feel good about taking 50 extra steps for the day.

a GPS running watch is a more useful gadget. Do any of these gadgets track lifting?

I've got one. It's almost identical to my best estimates, so it eliminates time spent calculating. It's a very useful tool.

My only complaint is the arm bands keep breaking on me, which really sucks. New armbands are only $13, but shipping and handling is $35 so by now I've spent an extra $200 on armbands and the unit itself was only $100.

I've got one. It's almost identical to my best estimates, so it eliminates time spent calculating. It's a very useful tool.

My only complaint is the arm bands keep breaking on me, which really sucks. New armbands are only $13, but shipping and handling is $35 so by now I've spent an extra $200 on armbands and the unit itself was only $100.

Invest into amazon prime if you're in the USA.

Thanks Joseph

I do a lot of heavy lifting so I got one to push myself to do a little more "cardio". I already eat healthy so I wasn't concerned with the diet plan stuff. If you move your arms a lot it counts it as steps which sucks. I thought about putting it on my ankle.

Yeah I was looking at the ankle or tying It to my waist during boxing

Does it estimate cals fairly accurately during lifting ?

I couldn't tell you to be honest. I've only figured out how to calculate burned calories for cardio. I'm not sure if you can set it for lifting. Granted I have the flex which is the most basic one.

thanks rocket i was looking at the flex, im trying to get a read on how i counts energy expended as if its done from a pedometer point of measurement ill pass

thanks rocket i was looking at the flex, im trying to get a read on how i counts energy expended as if its done from a pedometer point of measurement ill pass

It basically is a glorified pedometer. If you are going to go full blown and conjure up a meal plan, and want it to track your sleep and body weight than it's worth the investment, if you are looking to see how much you walk in a day get a cheap pedometer. Mine was s gift so I can't complain. But, I've been working out since I was a teenager and I have pretty good knowledge of dieting etc. so personally I wouldn't drop 100.00 plus bones on it.

cheers rocket,

i was debating for the diet planning and sleep tracking but im going to be working shifts and i already know i sleep crappy.

looks like ill stick with standard heart rate monitors for workouts

Back