Fit Mother posts picture of her abs creates a news story

Plenty of assholes on this site, this thread is chockablock full of em. YOUR attitudes against fat people disgust me. Extra body fat makes you a horrible person? Bullies and douchebags in general. I'd love to see Roy Nelson plant an overhand right across your goddamn heads.

Isn't this well over a year old?

Different person, same story:

fitmom_facebook.jpg

I'm pretty sure her FB account was deleted due to her obvious fat shaming.. She's a mean, mean woman.

edit: http://jezebel.com/fit-mom-banned-from-facebook-for-fat-shaming-is-sorry-1472563091

Plenty of assholes on this site, this thread is chockablock full of em. YOUR attitudes against fat people disgust me. Extra body fat makes you a horrible person? Bullies and douchebags in general. I'd love to see Roy Nelson plant an overhand right across your goddamn heads.

You sound fat.

I have no problem with this. I also agree with her no excuses thing. So many people always say they just don't have time but there the first ones in the office ready to talk about what happened on the latest pretty little liars.

In fact every single time I confront these people who say they just don't have time I'm able to find it. I always ask them to break down their schedule and I always find time ALWAYS. I've never once not been able to find time for them to workout 4 days a week. They just don't want to do it or make the changes in life necessary to get it done.

I don't when shaming became an inappropriate source of motivation.

There are studies showing that different people react to motivation differently. Some are motivated by pictures of very fit people, shaming them based on how they look, and some are motivated by pictures of very fat people, scaring them away from eventually looking like that. But shame is, in fact, an effective motivational tool.

Shaming isn't motivating for me personally but I am weird and actually in pretty good shape so it's not necessary in this situation. I don't give a shit if she's shaming them personally, though as someone mentioned earlier that studies reflected that it actually produces the opposite effect, I was just saying she was totally being antagonizing and not simply showing her work off. Though you could just say she was being bragadocious and showing she was better than people with excuses. I don't really care honestly.

Because one must never insist on oneself. Such is pedantic and shallow. Or else chicken fight.

I find that perspective ridiculous. Society needs leaders, why not lead by example and if you're given the opportunity to broadcast that example... we need people bold enough to do so. Pedantic and shallow - fuck that noise.

And what if she WAS bragging? What if she WAS talking shit? What if she WAS just showing off? What the fuck is wrong with that?

God damn. Fucking people, man, stop being such whiny bitches.

Its not fat shaming but she is a dumb attention whore

And what if she WAS bragging? What if she WAS talking shit? What if she WAS just showing off? What the fuck is wrong with that?
Here's where the tiger catches itself by the tail. If we're okay with the first person bragging, then we must also be okay with the resultant shit-talking.

Wait, are these great big fat persons we're talking about here? ZERO RIGHTS!!!

^^^^^^^^^ And the first in the McDonald's line

Who, me? I mean, probably the only reason I am not fat is because I can't eat much at one sitting without getting sick, but I am a pretty serious athlete and am far from fat.

Lol I actually went to a site to see what my ideal weight was for my height and age, apparently I am spot on at 170 lbs. :D

I don't really care about dieting or whatever, but, if someone is doing something excellent, if someone is living right, looking good, doing well, why the fuck can't they talk about it? Why can't they be an example for others?

Talk all the shit you want, IMO. We need MORE people talking shit, we need more leaders, and we need more people willing to be bold and be proud of themselves. Isn't that the whole point of the 'fat acceptance' movement? If you can proud of being fat and show that off, why can't you be proud of being a fit mother and show THAT off? I mean what the fuck.

Here's where the tiger catches itself by the tail. If we're okay with the first person bragging, then we must also be okay with the resultant shit-talking.

Wait, are these great big fat persons we're talking about here? ZERO RIGHTS!!!

They can say what they want, I'm just on the other side of the fence. I don't think their speech should be limited, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to voice my opinion on what I think the right side of the issue is... or the side that I prefer, in any case.

I don't really care about dieting or whatever, but, if someone is doing something excellent, if someone is living right, looking good, doing well, why the fuck can't they talk about it? Why can't they be an example for others?

Success makes weak people feel bad about themselves. Nobody should post about anything they are proud of on the internet. It's insensitive.

I find that perspective ridiculous. Society needs leaders, why not lead by example and if you're given the opportunity to broadcast that example... we need people bold enough to do so. Pedantic and shallow - fuck that noise.

Kind of. Abs aren't necessarily a sign of health so much as low body fat. And a lot of fucking people need to lose some body fat, but it's also healthy to have some on you. I am becoming more and more of misantheope again lately though, so fuck it. I'll live longer and reproduce more, that way I will contribute to the solution in the long run, and enjoy it.

Talk all the shit you want, IMO. We need MORE people talking shit, we need more leaders, and we need more people willing to be bold and be proud of themselves. Isn't that the whole point of the 'fat acceptance' movement? If you can proud of being fat and show that off, why can't you be proud of being a fit mother and show THAT off? I mean what the fuck.
Because its shallow and screams the need for validation. She is using the guise of motivating fatties as an excuse to attention whore. If she was really secure about herself she would not feel the need to show off.

If I had to take a guess she is a single mother who wants a man or at the very least constantly craves attention. This is not "leader" behavior.

Back