Fishy officiating in Roufus v LeBanner 97?

Peter Smits

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

here they gave le banner 17 seconds between starting the count and restarting the action EXACTLY as the bell ends the 2nd round. this was right after roufus dropped le banner with head punches. if they had started the fight when they shouldve, roufus might have finished him.

roufus only got dropped from leg kicks once before this, and gets hit with a head kick while firing back. it doesnt drop him, or appear to even faze him, but rather than a standing count, the ref ends the fight? WTF? was K-1 protecting their golden boy against a natural middleweight who wasnt frequently fighting in K-1? I love Le Banner too but it looks like the ref didnt want this going to decision since Roufus clearly won the first 2.

This is honestly one of my favorite fights so very cool to see this thread

I just always thought Le Banner got saved by the bell but it was a slight cheap shot on Roufus part because of the ref partial step in so if a little extra time it was likely due to that.

But Le Banner shut Roufus down with those kicks he was locking his whole body up he was just a punching bag. I felt the ref saved him from eating deadly straight punches that were coming his way.. Good call

Slow yes. Fishy probably not. Just think mess up by ref.

Back