Fish

Fenderson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hi guys

After years of foolishly ignoring eating fish I've now implemented it into my diet (1. Because its cheap with high protein 2. Because it doesn't taste so bad after all)

How often is sensible to eat fish? It's the tinned variety (sardines, Mackeral, tuna) I was hoping to eat it 4 times a week and swap between fish and chicken on a day to day basis. Thanks.

I usually eat fish twice a week. Two cans of tuna for lunch one day, and usually some sort of white fish or sometimes salmon as a dinner.

White fish + a pat of butter + a slice of lemon or lime + fresh dill, wrapped in tinfoil and baked in the oven. So good.

Hi guys

After years of foolishly ignoring eating fish I've now implemented it into my diet (1. Because its cheap with high protein 2. Because it doesn't taste so bad after all)

How often is sensible to eat fish? It's the tinned variety (sardines, Mackeral, tuna) I was hoping to eat it 4 times a week and swap between fish and chicken on a day to day basis. Thanks.

If you revolve them around each day you should be good. Salmon's a good fish to have too.

Dont know how good a contant reliance of tinned fish is for you in the long run, this coming from someone who at one point had one or two cans of tuna on a daily basis.

Try stuff like pangasius or alaskan pollock - it's the cheapest of fish and completely transparent in flavour, which means it takes to any form of seasoning extremely well. Salmon is very good too.

you can eat fish instead of meat whenever, there's actually nothing wrong with eating fish everyday.
good source of protein, low fat, most fish especially the dark ones (salmon, tuna, sardines, etc.) are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, good for the heart and brain.
Fish have been shown to be an important diet of many long-lived peoples around the world.

some the healthiest fish to eat: tuna, salmon, sardines, rainbow trout, halibut, mackerel, sablefish, etc.

I shoot for 3-5 times a week, but sometimes there are weeks I go without. All depends on freshness of what's in the stores - living on the great lakes is good certain times of years.

I usually stick with the low mercury level fish and try to stay away from farmed as much as possible ...
Anchovies
Butterfish
Catfish
Clam
Crab (Domestic)
Crawfish/Crayfish
Croaker (Atlantic)
Flounder*
Haddock (Atlantic)*
Hake
Herring
Mackerel (N. Atlantic, Chub)
Mullet
Oyster
Perch (Ocean)
Plaice
Pollock
Salmon (Canned)**
Salmon (Fresh)**
Sardine
Scallop*
Shad (American)
Shrimp*
Sole (Pacific)
Squid (Calamari)
Tilapia
Trout (Freshwater)
Whitefish
Whiting

Tuna I try to keep to 1 or 2(max) cans a week of chunk light, as they carry moderate mercury levels, the albacore is high.

Mackerel is probably the best one I've found for myself, in terms of the price and what you get. Eat it as many times as you feel like really, I wouldn't say there's a rule of how much you should eat in a week.

Thanks guys, just the answer i was hoping to get. Its appreciated.

Mackerel is probably the best one I've found for myself, in terms of the price and what you get. Eat it as many times as you feel like really, I wouldn't say there's a rule of how much you should eat in a week.

Mackerel is a high omega-3 fish too.

I would avoid Pacific/Alaskan fish though (Fukushima)... In general I think fish is much more healthy and natural for us to eat than meat, it seems to digest easier/faster/better too, no i don't have a source, just anecdotal.

Hi guys

Pretty sure its OK to eat fish every day if you wanted.

Just don't have too much fried fish, etc.

Back