first wrestling match rehost

Cameron

Purple Belt
Reaction score
hey there guys a while back i posted a thread asking what to expect in my first tournament and asked for tips. first and formost i would like to thank you all. now the tounrament was today and i won all four matches by way of pin thanks to all that helped.

We here at Sherdog would like to thank you for your kind words and are happy to take all the credit for your victory. :)

Seriously though, well done.

congratulations, welcome to the world of wrestling mate, now that wasnt so bad was it, how was your mind set?

Way to go man! I didnt give you any advice, cause technically I've never wrestled cause my HS sucked and didn't have a wrestling team :( but anyways... way to go! keep up the great work and let us know how the rest of the season goes.

thanks guys prity much every guy in my weight wanted to tie up off the start and off the start i was shooting fast and they had no chance. going into the first match i was realy neverous but after how fast i won and i surpised my self so the rest of the matches iw as realy calm going in to them.

Congrats! What was the name of the tournament and what division did you compete in?

Hey, Cameron. What tournament was this? That's great that you won the first tournament. I don't know if you're just on a high school team but if you want to participate in a club tournament Berrie has a good club called K-Bay. PM me and I'll see if I can get you some info on them. I'd highly suggest joining a club and K-Bay is a solid team. I know a few of them and they are good people.

Congrats man!

Don't relax your training though. My freshman year I went 14-0 on the freshman team. Later in the year I moved up to JV. My first JV match was against Lee Gibson from Lees Summit HS. I'll never forget that name as long as I live. He stuck me in 13 seconds. Always believe there is some better than you and train accordingly. Good luck

Who gets four matches on a wednesday? I call work. No tournaments are held on a wednesday, and your not gonna get four matches in at a dual meet.

It's not uncommon to have a JV or freshman tourny in the middle of the week.

JackDaniels said:
Who gets four matches on a wednesday? I call work. No tournaments are held on a wednesday, and your not gonna get four matches in at a dual meet.

please leave

JackDaniels said:

ya how about f*ck you. i worked my ass of the tounrney was at bear creak hs in barrie ontario my weight class was 119-127. most of my tounreys are in the middle of the week. i have another one on the 21st of this month another wednesday. i plan on training harder and winning all my matches in that tourney to.

You got the right attitude. Keep it up man.

Im sorry I didnt know about these super crazy, totally amazing, canadian, mid week tournaments, where a first time wrestler can win his weight class.

JackDaniels said:
Im sorry I didnt know about these super crazy, totally amazing, canadian, mid week tournaments, where a first time wrestler can win his weight class.

ass

JackDaniels said:

In Canada we don't have many dual meets. We only have tournaments and for high school all tournaments are held durring the week.

Also, Cameron, is the tournament at EC Drury?

Back