First Tourney this weekend... eeek

2000GT

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been training kickbox and mua thai for about 6 months now (did pankration for a 6 months prior) and this weekend I am going to enter in a tournament called the Western Canadian Martial Arts Challange.
I will be enetering this division: (m) (18 +) White - Green (174-200) which is just a adult beginner division with the weightclass of 174-200. I am 205 right now, but will be down to less than 200 for the weekend.
I believe I have to wear headgear, mouthguard, shin pads etc... however, in the rules I read something about being carded for using too much force?
Is it common for people to be knocked out in these tournaments? I believe there is one 2 min round and the winner continues on.

What should I expect?

Thanks in advance

I dont know what to expect, but ill be the first to wish you good luck, and hope you perform well.

Forbiden1 said:
I dont know what to expect, but ill be the first to wish you good luck, and hope you perform well.

Thank you... I hope to do well so I have the confidence to continue. I would like to fight some amateur MMA events someday, but I believe I will need the confidence from winning or doing well in basic tourneys like these to help my training and mindset.

Back