First Tourney this weekend... eeek

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by 2000GT, Oct 18, 2005.

1. 2000GT

2000GT White Belt

Hi,
    I have been training kickbox and mua thai for about 6 months now (did pankration for a 6 months prior) and this weekend I am going to enter in a tournament called the Western Canadian Martial Arts Challange.
    I will be enetering this division: (m) (18 +) White - Green (174-200) which is just a adult beginner division with the weightclass of 174-200. I am 205 right now, but will be down to less than 200 for the weekend.
    I believe I have to wear headgear, mouthguard, shin pads etc... however, in the rules I read something about being carded for using too much force?
    Is it common for people to be knocked out in these tournaments? I believe there is one 2 min round and the winner continues on.

What should I expect?

Thanks in advance

2. Forbiden1

Forbiden1 Green Belt

I dont know what to expect, but ill be the first to wish you good luck, and hope you perform well.

3. 2000GT

2000GT White Belt

Thank you... I hope to do well so I have the confidence to continue. I would like to fight some amateur MMA events someday, but I believe I will need the confidence from winning or doing well in basic tourneys like these to help my training and mindset.