First time parents..What to expect? Seeking advice from the knowledgeable.

First year was hell for me. Hardly gotten any sleep, it was almost torture.

Asking Sherdoggers for parenting advice...

Sounds plausible.

Your gf is about to go fucking nuts for about 12 months. Toughen up and give her the room to do so. Is not her fault and she doesn't mean it.

1. Your girl will be insane when pregnant, learn patience young Jedi.
2. I put on 20lbs because my girl had a craving for Italian food and ice cream. We ate Italian like 4 times a week. Lesson learned for both of us on the second kid.
3. IF you have a son, lean left or right when changing diapers so you don't get pissed on.
4. If you have a girl, wipe front to back.
5. Naps are your friend and tag team baby detail with the misses. Sleep sucks for about a year. First 6 months there is no sleep. When the baby naps one of you nap(or sneak in sexy time). Resist the urge to kill someone when they accidently wake up you napping baby. I had a door hangers that said baby sleeping. I would put one over the doorball and hang the other from the door.
6. Enjoy, they grow up fast. Cherish the good times.
7. Good Luck
This is your friend with newborns.
220px-Boudreauxs_Butt_Paste.jpg

1. Your girl will be insane when pregnant, learn patience young Jedi.
2. I put on 20lbs because my girl had a craving for Italian food and ice cream. We ate Italian like 4 times a week. Lesson learned for both of us on the second kid.
3. IF you have a son, lean left or right when changing diapers so you don't get pissed on.
4. If you have a girl, wipe front to back.
5. Naps are your friend and tag team baby detail with the misses. Sleep sucks for about a year. First 6 months there is no sleep. When the baby naps one of you nap(or sneak in sexy time). Resist the urge to kill someone when they accidently wake up you napping baby. I had a door hangers that said baby sleeping. I would put one over the doorball and hang the other from the door.
6. Enjoy, they grow up fast. Cherish the good times.
7. Good Luck
This is your friend with newborns.
220px-Boudreauxs_Butt_Paste.jpg

This is great stuff. Thank you. My sister had three kids. She always used Boudreauxs.

Your gf is about to go fucking nuts for about 12 months. Toughen up and give her the room to do so. Is not her fault and she doesn't mean it.

My girl is soo calm and mannered. But I figure it will definitely change.

Kevin Rudd making more sense than he did in the entire election campaign in this thread.

One thing is - take all advice with a grain of salt. You will get incredibly forceful advice from one person, and then you will get precisely the opposite advice, just as forceful, from another. Or even from the same person. It's all kinda true, and kinda not, so just see what works for you - this is a human being you're dealing with, and much less reasonable than the least reasonable human being you've dealt with in the past. (The baby, that is... though mommy might be going through a bunch of stuff too.)

Personally, my biggest regret is taking too long to get comfortable with comforting the baby. Sure, he preferred mommy, but it doesn't hurt in the least if it takes 3 minutes, or an hour, to calm down. It'll happen, and you'll get used to trusting each other eventually - and if you can do that very early on, it'll be an enormous help for the mother.

relax and just go with the flow. You'll work it out along the way.

Also women are VERY hormonal when pregnant. My wife when she was pregnant with our first one was batshit crazy with some of the stuff she came out with. So be prepared and understanding as that may very well happen to you.

If I were to give you any advice it would be not to waste money on useless baby gadgets. Baby monitors are a waste of money until you live in a multiple story house. Baby heart monitors etc they are all bullshit.

Good stuff.

Some very good advice here. Let me shift gears slightly. TS, is this a long term relationship? Have you thought about getting married?

Watch what your child eat (when he gets a little older) and avoid plastic bottles etc.

Some very good advice here. Let me shift gears slightly. TS, is this a long term relationship? Have you thought about getting married?

well..TBH..I had no intentions on getting married to anytime soon(but I figured If I was to get married, she would make a great fit)...however this may change my idea of waiting.

First thing's first, have your girlfriend take Expecta Lipil DHA on top of her prenatal vitamins. The supplement does wonders for brain development.

Advice on some things is fine but the biggest part of having a young one is finding your own way that works best for you and your woman. I didn't realize how true it was about a pregnant woman's senses and cravings. No chicken was allowed in the house. The smell made her puke. At 11pm she had to have a 1/4 lber from McDonald's. I thrown on jacket and shoes and go get it. Come home and she says that fkn smells horrible and throws it away. That happened about 6 times with her first pregnancy. Makes no sense but each time she wanted it I went. She never ate one. We laugh about it still.

Advice on some things is fine but the biggest part of having a young one is finding your own way that works best for you and your woman. I didn't realize how true it was about a pregnant woman's senses and cravings. No chicken was allowed in the house. The smell made her puke. At 11pm she had to have a 1/4 lber from McDonald's. I thrown on jacket and shoes and go get it. Come home and she says that fkn smells horrible and throws it away. That happened about 6 times with her first pregnancy. Makes no sense but each time she wanted it I went. She never ate one. We laugh about it still.

My wife wouldn't let me cook chicken either. Fistbump

Im sure that Im walking into a new world... gotta break the news to her mom and dad...that should be interesting.

My wife wouldn't let me cook chicken either. Fistbump

Haaaaaaaaaaa. It was horrible for that stretch. Went from chicken about 4 nights a week to nothing. Sucked. Way to persevere man.

Im sure that Im walking into a new world... gotta break the news to her mom and dad...that should be interesting.

It is hard but I wouldn't change it for anything. I love my boys more than life itself. Just stay strong and do your best man.

Haaaaaaaaaaa. It was horrible for that stretch. Went from chicken about 4 nights a week to nothing. Sucked. Way to persevere man.

Seriously. I was training for a fight and chicken is my go to "low at high protein" food of choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back