First time maxing deadlifts

Rod1

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
[YT]KJDK-fk10ZQ[/YT]

Criticisms welcome. (except on phone quality, i like phones cheap)

Only critique I have - stop wasting your time doing deadlifts. Not a real bodybuilding workout and kind of a waste of time, not to mention dangerous as well. Get a real bodybuilding (I can provide one for you if you need help) routine and enjoy the true benefits of working out.

Only critique I have - stop wasting your time doing deadlifts. Not a real bodybuilding workout and kind of a waste of time, not to mention dangerous as well. Get a real bodybuilding (I can provide one for you if you need help) routine and enjoy the true benefits of working out.

[YT]LZrGkpQQbUc[/YT]

Lol.

Could you provide such routine to all of us? We'd be delighted to be enlightened by your wisdom.

u wot m8?

TS- Breakitdown is just trolling. That's what he does. I hope you've already figured that out.

As for your deadlift, it actually wasn't too bad. It looked like it went up fairly easy. The main thing I'd change is you should be getting tighter before you start the lift. Your back is slightly rounded before you even start the pull. The good news is the rounding didn't get any worse once the pull started. To prevent this, pull yourself as tight as possible pulling the slack out of the bar. You should already feel tension on your back and hamstrings.
Your hips do shoot up a bit too soon as well. This may be caused by a few things, but the easiest thing to do is to make sure you aren't trying to squat the weight up. You only need to bend your knees somewhat, not all the way down. Try to have your hips rise at the same time the bar is. If your legs straighten before the bar is past your knees, your hips are shooting up far too soon.

Your potato phone makes it really hard to see anything else. How long have you been lifting? 460lbs is a very good DL for someone that hasn't tried maxing out before.

TS- Breakitdown is just trolling. That's what he does. I hope you've already figured that out.

As for your deadlift, it actually wasn't too bad. It looked like it went up fairly easy. The main thing I'd change is you should be getting tighter before you start the lift. Your back is slightly rounded before you even start the pull. The good news is the rounding didn't get any worse once the pull started. To prevent this, pull yourself as tight as possible pulling the slack out of the bar. You should already feel tension on your back and hamstrings.
Your hips do shoot up a bit too soon as well. This may be caused by a few things, but the easiest thing to do is to make sure you aren't trying to squat the weight up. You only need to bend your knees somewhat, not all the way down. Try to have your hips rise at the same time the bar is. If your legs straighten before the bar is past your knees, your hips are shooting up far too soon.

Your potato phone makes it really hard to see anything else. How long have you been lifting? 460lbs is a very good DL for someone that hasn't tried maxing out before.

I have been lifting on and off for several years, i just never deadlifted seriously until 5 months ago.

Also i felt like i could had pulled more but it was my first time maxing and didnt wanted to push it too much, my guess its that it was a 90-95% effort. Ill try to pull 510 next time i max.

I have been lifting on and off for several years, i just never deadlifted seriously until 5 months ago.

Also i felt like i could had pulled more but it was my first time maxing and didnt wanted to push it too much, my guess its that it was a 90-95% effort. Ill try to pull 510 next time i max.

That explains it. You can actually build up the strength required for a lift like deadlifts by doing other lifts. Low bar back squats help tremendously. That being said, obviously deadlifting is going to be the best way to get a good deadlift.

Just don't rush yourself on maxing out your deadlift again. If I was you, I'd start new programming based on this as your max deadlift for your deadlift workouts. Try to make progression based on sets of 3-5 instead of a 1RM. After 2-3 months of this, then try for another 1RM. You'll probably make more progress this way anyways, and it's less taxing on the CNS and your muscles.

That explains it. You can actually build up the strength required for a lift like deadlifts by doing other lifts. Low bar back squats help tremendously. That being said, obviously deadlifting is going to be the best way to get a good deadlift.

Just don't rush yourself on maxing out your deadlift again. If I was you, I'd start new programming based on this as your max deadlift for your deadlift workouts. Try to make progression based on sets of 3-5 instead of a 1RM. After 2-3 months of this, then try for another 1RM. You'll probably make more progress this way anyways, and it's less taxing on the CNS and your muscles.

Yeah im doing madcow 5x5 and the deadlift was on the program so i started deadlifting, i already picked this as max for it, because while i could had pulled more i dont think technique is really there.

That's a good idea. Unless you are in a PL meet, there isn't really much point to go beyond what your "technical max" is for the lift. Stop once technique is breaking down. Madcow is a good program. You should make some steady gains. Squatting 3xs a week is a great way to get super strong fast.

Could you provide such routine to all of us? We'd be delighted to be enlightened by your wisdom.

Pretty much just want to stick to upper body, time spend on lower body/back is wasted since nobody really cares how your back/legs look.

So mostly curls, bench, overhead press, ab work(daily obv), etc. I can give a full detailed plan if people need it. My routine consists of that and I'm in better shape / more aesthetic than anyone on this forum.

Pretty much just want to stick to upper body, time spend on lower body/back is wasted since nobody really cares how your back/legs look.

So mostly curls, bench, overhead press, ab work(daily obv), etc. I can give a full detailed plan if people need it. My routine consists of that and I'm in better shape / more aesthetic than anyone on this forum.

5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

Come on man, you're not even trying. Get creative and hide it or no jimmies get rustled

[YT]cTKvYJs57MM[/YT]

He's right. I cut out all squatting and deadlifting to do more abs, bis, and tris. If I get a good enough pump in my arms one day, I might finish up with some light sets on the leg press. I can't even fight all the ladies off with a stick now. They always want to touch my arms and feel my abs. All the guys that look fat from too much squatting get hella jealous.

Overhead press is pointless though cus the bench takes care of shoulders and not doing overhead presses leaves me more time to hit the guns with 21's.

Back