First Time in UFC History 3 African-American Champions At the Same Time

Jones bendo Anderson

3 black guys as champs for what that's worth

Johnson Cormier Woodley. 3 black guys as champs again for what it's worth

I'm proud to say I have never referred to myself or anyone as African American...lastly for what that's worth

Deceiving thread title, these dudes are not from Africa.

OMG, there're 4 white UFC champions!

Pop the champagne bottles y'alllll!

African American is a stupid title anyways. They're black. If you're just referring to black Anericans, then yes, you're right.
How you figure?
You're of African decent. Same they put *insert another nationality* American too.

daniel cormier is practically considered white in africa
Why? Because he speaks proper and doesn't act like the stereotypical "black guy". Reminds me of when Nelson called DC an uncle Tom because he acts proper instead of hood. Typical stereotype using idiot.

None of these people are from Africa tho
They are all African ancestry, including Anderson. Brazil has the highest black population outside of Africa. And where did blacks in Brazil come from? Africa. Actually, if you go back far enough, we ALL came from Africa.

T-Wood won't be holding onto that belt for very long boys, counting down the days.

Why in the world would you count Stipe as European? Dude was born in Euclid Ohio.

I wouldn't consider him proper European. Most people would say he's American. His parents were proper Croatian, but then going by the logic of this thread, most people would call DJ TW and DC "African American" even though their families have lived in America for hundreds of years probably, a lot lot longer than Stipe's.

How you figure?
You're of African decent. Same they put *insert another nationality* American too.

Because when people say "african american" they mean black 99% of the time. I've even heard Americans call famous British black people "African American", it makes zero sense. And bizarrely you rarely see Americans citizens with an Egyptian or Algerian lineage labelled as "african american"

Back