First time I watched Joe joyce

Does Dubois really have retarded power? You mentioned that the went the distance once, which was against Kevin Johnson who fought like a walking punch bag but we have to remember that a young AJ took (a younger) Kevin out in two rounds. I'm not seeing Dubois being able to obliterate Joyce like some people are predicting.
granted i haven't been following dubois closely enough to claim to be any sort of expert on him (or joyce, for that matter), but i've seen a few of his fights. when he hits people, they stay hit.

i mean the kid's 22 and has a 92% KO ratio in 14 fights. not that joyce's stats are any worse, i'm just saying between these two, dubois seems like the better technician and the bigger puncher. and with the power these guys are throwing around, it doesn't take more than a few clean shots to put anyone to sleep.

granted i haven't been following dubois closely enough to claim to be any sort of expert on him (or joyce, for that matter), but i've seen a few of his fights. when he hits people, they stay hit.

i mean the kid's 22 and has a 92% KO ratio in 14 fights. not that joyce's stats are any worse, i'm just saying between these two, dubois seems like the better technician and the bigger puncher. and with the power these guys are throwing around, it doesn't take more than a few clean shots to put anyone to sleep.
Maybe it's because Johnson is a cagey vet but he was able to absorb and deflect a lot of Dubois power. But he couldn't survive Anthony Joshua's power for just two rounds. I think Dubois hit's hard but I don't think he is in the AJ league. That's just my personal opinion. And I think you need AJ level power to stop Joe 'The Juggernaut' Joyce.

i know dubois already went the distance once, but i honestly have a hard time seeing him being dragged into deep water by anyone who isn't a lot better than him.

being the technically better fighter, daniel will land... and with the power he has, it's hard to picture joyce taking it and walking forward. and i know he has a chin and a set of balls on him, i know he doesn't back down - but dubois has retarded power. i mean really, that kid is going to fucking kill someone.

I really like the fight but I think Dubois Knocks him out fairly early to mid rounds. It’ll be good whilst it lasts.
Joyces chin is solid, but he can’t walk through those all night. I think Dubois is gonna be a problem for everyone in the next few years

Maybe it's because Johnson is a cagey vet but he was able to absorb and deflect a lot of Dubois power. But he couldn't survive Anthony Joshua's power for just two rounds. I think Dubois hit's hard but I don't think he is in the AJ league. That's just my personal opinion. And I think you need AJ level power to stop Joe 'The Juggernaut' Joyce.

I think his jab will give him a lot of opportunities to land his right hand. Joe is way too hittable. If he does get the fight to the later rounds, how much punishment will he have taken?

I’m not sure if Dubois hits as hard as Joshua, but he’s definitely one of the hardest hitting HWs Outside of Joshua and wilder.

Dubious will KO Joyce within 5. Joyce has a terrible defense

He's slow and doesn't crack too hard, but he has a phenomenal work rate and is bound to be in some fun fights when he is matched competitively

I think his jab will give him a lot of opportunities to land his right hand. Joe is way too hittable. If he does get the fight to the later rounds, how much punishment will he have taken?

I’m not sure if Dubois hits as hard as Joshua, but he’s definitely one of the hardest hitting HWs Outside of Joshua and wilder.
Joyce is easy to hit, and he relies on his durability. But as much as Dubois hits Joe we've got to think how much is Joyce going to hit Dubois. If it goes into the later rounds I'm going to lean toward Joyce coming out on top. We don't know how Dubois will do in a prolonged tear up but that is what he is going to get if he can't take Joyce out early.

People should remember that every single successful HW didn’t look like prime Ricardo Lopez.

Joyce is the slowest most mechanical boxer I've ever seen. If he didn't have the support of the rabbit patriotic British fan base, nobody would have heard of him.

Joyce is the slowest most mechanical boxer I've ever seen. If he didn't have the support of the rabbit patriotic British fan base, nobody would have heard of him.

You don’t have to look pretty to be a decent HW, though.

But somehow he managed to get a Silver Olympic medal which should have a been a Gold. He must be doing something right.

I do think the talent pool is more shallow at the HW & SHW limit in the Olympics. Kelly Pavlik made this observation as well on Rogan, after Joe mentioned Wilder's bronze medal after starting boxing at the age of 19

This is a "modern boxer" silver medallist at the olympics? Wow guy is a disaster, 0 footwork, robotic and slow as hell.. All he has is size but about skills is even worst than primo carnera that freak boxer from 30s
he reminds me of Frank Bruno though.

he reminds me of Frank Bruno though.
Bruno didn't have any stamina though, big difference. Joyce has the highest work rate out of any HW in the division except maybe for Usyk. I don't count Miller because he can't stay off the PED's.

Bruno didn't have any stamina though, big difference. Joyce has the highest work rate out of any HW in the division except maybe for Usyk. I don't count Miller because he can't stay off the PED's.
yeah im talking about his style the way he throws punches and stands there similar to Bruno

This is a "modern boxer" silver medallist at the olympics? Wow guy is a disaster, 0 footwork, robotic and slow as hell.. All he has is size but about skills is even worst than primo carnera that freak boxer from 30s
That's what a modern Olympic silver medalist Super Heavyweight can look like (he medaled at Super Heavyweight which is the amateur equivalent to Heavyweight in the pros). Shakur Stevenson is also a modern Olympic silver medalist and so was Golovkin. What's wrong with them? To your point though, the overall quality has gone down in general at the higher weights in the amateurs (Heavyweight & Super Heavyweight). It's been said that the more talented athletic guys go elsewhere to stick & ball sports like football, basketball, even baseball, but that obviously doesn't apply to most of the lighter guys given that they'd be too small to compete at the highest level in those sports anyway.

That's what a modern Olympic silver medalist Super Heavyweight can look like (he medaled at Super Heavyweight which is the amateur equivalent to Heavyweight in the pros). Shakur Stevenson is also a modern Olympic silver medalist and so was Golovkin. What's wrong with them? To your point though, the overall quality has gone down in general at the higher weights in the amateurs (Heavyweight & Super Heavyweight). It's been said that the more talented athletic guys go elsewhere to stick & ball sports like football, basketball, even baseball, but that obviously doesn't apply to most of the lighter guys given that they'd be too small to compete at the highest level in those sports anyway.
The thing with Joyce is, he is rather athletic, but still a robotic boxer. The guy is 6'6" tall, did track and field at an US college, does Capoeira and can do backflips while being nearly 270 pounds heavy.
Joyce will probably come in at least 15 pounds lighter vs Dubois, if he survives the first few rounds he can give him lots of problems.

The thing with Joyce is, he is rather athletic, but still a robotic boxer. The guy is 6'6" tall, did track and field at an US college, does Capoeira and can do backflips while being nearly 270 pounds heavy.
Joyce will probably come in at least 15 pounds lighter vs Dubois, if he survives the first few rounds he can give him lots of problems.
I knew about his Capoeira because I've seen him perform some of that in his post-fight celebrations. I didn't know he was a track & field guy (I was as well) though. I would've never guessed he was. He does have other characteristics and traits that serve him well though, his stamina, durability, size, and so on. He's effective which is much more important than looking aesthetically pleasing in there.

yeah im talking about his style the way he throws punches and stands there similar to Bruno
So like Frank Bruno but on EPO so that he throws non-stop i.e. nothing alike.

Back