First time I watched Joe joyce

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Ivancho, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Ivancho Amante de las mma

This is a "modern boxer" silver medallist at the olympics? Wow guy is a disaster, 0 footwork, robotic and slow as hell.. All he has is size but about skills is even worst than primo carnera that freak boxer from 30s

stuff jones likes this.
  2. PHATV FREE @RR!!! Platinum Member

3. AvidBoxerFan White Belt

he is pretty robotic, i must agree, but he will still be a big name

4. cagerageforever Orange Belt

Hits very hard. Keeps coming forward.

Jonny Ninja and Blake_UK like this.
  5. sweetviolenturg Red Belt Professional Fighter

They said many of the same things about George Foreman during the early portion of his pro career as well. In fact, most pundits considered his bout with Joe Frazier as a mismatch & we saw how that went.

And, no. I'm not equating Joyce with Foreman, I'm simply saying that Joyce is much better than many people give him credit for. He's got size, power, a damn good motor, an excellent jab when he remembers to use it & a solid chin. He'll go a lot farther than people think IMO.

6. Jonny Ninja Black Belt

well he should’ve actually won gold! and he’s clearly more skilled than carnera. Most posters in this boxing forum are more skilled!

I get why people think he’s shit. It looks like he’s fighting in water. But he’s huge, is durable as fck, great stamina and makes his opponent work far harder than they want to with constant pressure. And he can bang.
    He really isn’t the best boxer but he has plenty of attributes that will be a problem for even some top 10 guys.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    realdealgeale, DaveDave and Joe Joyce like this.
  7. Fluffernutter Silver Belt

He may be hitable, but he took some brutal right hands this weekend and still walked his opponent down. I wonder if he mentally broke him before he physically broke him.

8. cocksure Silver Belt

He won't be a big name because Dubois will fuck him up.

9. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brody / Pulev Posse

The Brits always get behind their own, Joyce is a good example of a guy who isn't the best fighter ever but he'll get a some good paydays win or lose. Haye, Del Boy, Price, AJ, Whyte, Dubois, Fury, hell even Bellew, etc. all get/got good exposure over there as will Joyce, esp w/ that silver medal he's got.

RabbitPunch36 likes this.
  10. aries Silver Belt

There is a reason he is called the Juggernaut. I'll admit though I laughed when I first saw him. I thought who is this clumsy, slow, robotic lump but he gets results so he grew on me. He is a big man with an incredible engine, which is a rarity. His punches look slow and ineffective but he puts a hurting on people when he hits them whilst being durable himself, that combination of attributes will take you far. And he was robbed of Olympic Gold. He won that final, no doubt.

Mr2urbo likes this.
  11. Mr2urbo Brown Belt

I always thought that as well when he fought Usyk, he looked very stiff and at 34 years old his window of opportunity will be shut if he loses against Dubois.

12. RDL81 Purple Belt

He has a chin on him as well but I can’t help but think a heavy weight who can properly bang could get him out of there early as he always seems to get hit early in fights.

he is a bit like the terminator though just keeps coming....

Blake_UK and Jonny Ninja like this.
  13. Mr2urbo Brown Belt

Thank you for that, just finished watching that and yeah I felt Joyce won, not a complete robbery but I felt he outlanded Yoka, funny enough I think he wrecks Yoka if they fight today, I’m not sold on Yoka, at least not yet.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  14. aries Silver Belt

No problem, yeah I'd agree with that. I was being a bit OTT with saying robbery, but to me he clearly won. Yoka has a lot of talent but I question his heart, which is where a fighter like Joyce who is totally relentless really comes into his own. Nobody is going to have an easy night with Joyce. Dubois has good power and is a dangerous puncher but I wonder what happens when Joyce absorbs a few of his big shots.

DaveDave likes this.
  15. DaveDave Blue Belt

Dubois is clearly more talented but I can see a guy like Joyce soaking it up & breaking an inexperienced puncher who's never been in a do or die dogfight.

It's a great fight. I can't wait.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  16. eternaldarkness Red Belt

He reminds me a little of foreman, in that he is good at walking people down.

sweetviolenturg likes this.
  17. aries Silver Belt

Yeah I agree Dubois looks a lot more polished but as you say Dubois might get taken into deep waters. I'm really looking forward to it.

18. AvidBoxerFan White Belt

lol hator much?

19. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

i know dubois already went the distance once, but i honestly have a hard time seeing him being dragged into deep water by anyone who isn't a lot better than him.

being the technically better fighter, daniel will land... and with the power he has, it's hard to picture joyce taking it and walking forward. and i know he has a chin and a set of balls on him, i know he doesn't back down - but dubois has retarded power. i mean really, that kid is going to fucking kill someone.

20. aries Silver Belt

Does Dubois really have retarded power? You mentioned that the went the distance once, which was against Kevin Johnson who fought like a walking punch bag but we have to remember that a young AJ took (a younger) Kevin out in two rounds. I'm not seeing Dubois being able to obliterate Joyce like some people are predicting.

DaveDave likes this.