First time dealing with Gym politics

NateTx4112

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I thought I was out of HS and the drama but I was wrong....this shit is for the birds.

Seems as there was tension brewing between people I've known before I started training and the instructor for awhile...started to brew over.

Saturday night got 2 invites for the UFC fights, hung out with one side and now I'm a traitor for just trying to avoid it and not worry about it. :rolleyes:

Anyone had friends you hang out with outside of the gym have an issue with the instructor and then you get stuck in the middle? I have no issues with the friends nor with the instructor and just am sick of this 14 year old HS girl drama.

Clearly tell both sides that it's not your problem and you will not get involved. If they keep trying to put you in the middle of it, I know I'd start looking for another place to train.

It happens all the time.

Old students leave the club for whatever reason and instructor acts like a distraught jealous housewife.

Trust me, take this problem up with the gatekeeper of your academy...that is what I would do...

It's not the instructor putting me in the middle, I understand why he did what he did and it's purely some ego's got hurt. I'm not going anywhere but it will suck to lose friends and training partners is what I fear it's coming to.

So it is your friends that have an issue with your instructor?

How can you lose a training partner if they are not training at your club?

Do you train with them seperately?

They are training at my gym, but I feel as they will be jumping ship soon. They are the ones who got me into this gym/bjj.

Gym politics are a bitch, I trained Thai Boxing at a great gym but left because of politics after 8 years of training. There's no in between man find a better school and don't deal with those people. I don't know how deep it goes at your gym but sometime you need to stop associating with drama people as that only brings more drama.

Take your instructor a vile of Vagisil. That should solve the problem.

i don't care what u guys say, jiu jitsu politics are entertaining as fawk.

ps. f--- creontes.

lol it's not the instructor...it's my friends who are being a bit off in my head.

Someone got promoted ahead of them and they don't agree with where they are in rank. I'm happy with instruction, the gym, the people in there and where I'm at in my training.

lol it's not the instructor...it's my friends who are being a bit off in my head.

Someone got promoted ahead of them and they don't agree with where they are in rank. I'm happy with instruction, the gym, the people in there and where I'm at in my training.

Maybe if you told us that at the beginning! lol

So one guy missed out on his blue and he does not want you to hang out with the guy that got the blue?

Maybe if you told us that at the beginning! lol

So one guy missed out on his blue and he does not want you to hang out with the guy that got the blue?

oh... then yea, vagisil.

Purple..Ouch.

I remember that I could not wait to get rid of the blue belt curse.

If they're going to get that butthurt about promotions, maybe they don't deserve one.

If gym Drama happens just go to the gym train and leave.

If he had battled the gatekeeper he wouldnt have been in this predicament. Everyone knows the gatekeeper of the academy is who you really have to impress

If he had battled the gatekeeper he wouldnt have been in this predicament. Everyone knows the gatekeeper of the academy is who you really have to impress

Some people don't know proper gym etiquette it seems... ALWAYS go to the gatekeeper first.

Oh and imo your friend is being a complete vag.

Back