First time attending a UFC event what should I expect?

Been to 3, the last UFC 168. I've never had a bad time, they've all been great experiences. If you arrive early to the venue or close to it, you will probably run into some of the fighters or some of the fighters in attendance to spectate cage side. They use the word electrifying a lot, and I always thought it was kind of ridiculous, but that is the best way to describe it. The atmosphere/environment, when people finally settle into their seats, it's incredible, it's unlike anything else seeing them live, the noise of the crowd is what really makes it come alive... Hopefully you'll have a really good night of fights. People hate on Buffer a lot, but when youre there live and the main event starts, theres no one else in the world like him. Drinks are stupid expensive, I'd find a place close to it and get some drinks before hand, and food too, the fights literally last 5 hours if you go for prelims, which you should. Lot of tools but then there are also some really intelligent people there. When the fights stop, everyone goes to the bathroom... You will never make it in there without missing part of the next fight.

If you get there early, the UFC is usually giving away something free, nothing major, but it's something cool to take away from it, example- they were handing out UFC logo'd UFC FIT towels at UFC 168, UFC 79 they were handing out 'One More Round' stuff like sweat bands, wrist bands, etc.

sorry for the long post.

As soon as you enter the arena, find the biggest meanest looking fan and attack him right away with the overhand.

Otherwise no one will respect u

Damn dude that's pretty cold.

Should be enough to touch him with teh jab no?

expect me to be the one sitting behind you intoxicated and ready to boo the second the fight hits the ground.

one beer, one balled up fist
i guarantee you wont look back at me twice either

lower bowl huh? sounds like its gonna take security a long time to come break us up.

and that octagon shit doesnt work in aisle rumbles man

i dont think uve got it in you

As soon as you enter the arena, find the biggest meanest looking fan and attack him right away with the overhand.

Otherwise no one will respect u

Touch him with teh jab.

I laughed way too much at these posts, thanks for that :icon_chee

As for attending for the first time I'm kinda in same situation so I get your excitement TS. We are having a local MMA event here in my country and Fedor is coming to be a promoter so I'm super pumped to maybe see him and get a picture with him.

Hope you have a blast too. Wish I had a chance to see one UFC card live, sounds like a blast

A lot of waiting and the fun pre-fight hype video that is pretty fun when in an arena. Def pumps you up.

OP if you want to meet fighters ask around. Someone might know where they're staying and it's usually right near the arena.

I don't think there's really much to say.... I'd say don't go to the weigh ins early. When they came to my city, I just wanted to get a good seat so I waited in line for an hour and a half only for them to delay 45 minutes. People were pissed, literally. They had to let people in early because they were going to piss their pants. I almost did too but I waited till the gates opened and pretty much lost all the time I had spent in line going to the bathroom before I got my seat. It was a fucked up situation that almost had me raging at employees about how unprofessional the whole thing was and if they didn't let me in, I was going to piss on the floor. Luckily before that happened they opened the gates.

You'll have a great time as long as you avoid getting raped in the bathroom stalls.

Go on a 10 week long training camp to make sure you don't gas out during the fights.

You'll have a blast, my first (and only) was 168, the atmosphere is like nothing I've been to including rock concerts and pretty much every sport I've been to.

Oh yeah, you won't fit in if you don't have Just Bleed painted on your chest.

0621905e6ee44c31eaef5af41904359a646e44cd97a29325646bc5a1add0e415.jpg

Been to 3, the last UFC 168. I've never had a bad time, they've all been great experiences. If you arrive early to the venue or close to it, you will probably run into some of the fighters or some of the fighters in attendance to spectate cage side. They use the word electrifying a lot, and I always thought it was kind of ridiculous, but that is the best way to describe it. The atmosphere/environment, when people finally settle into their seats, it's incredible, it's unlike anything else seeing them live, the noise of the crowd is what really makes it come alive... Hopefully you'll have a really good night of fights. People hate on Buffer a lot, but when youre there live and the main event starts, theres no one else in the world like him. Drinks are stupid expensive, I'd find a place close to it and get some drinks before hand, and food too, the fights literally last 5 hours if you go for prelims, which you should. Lot of tools but then there are also some really intelligent people there. When the fights stop, everyone goes to the bathroom... You will never make it in there without missing part of the next fight.

If you get there early, the UFC is usually giving away something free, nothing major, but it's something cool to take away from it, example- they were handing out UFC logo'd UFC FIT towels at UFC 168, UFC 79 they were handing out 'One More Round' stuff like sweat bands, wrist bands, etc.

sorry for the long post.
You're making me even more excited! I got goose bumps, I get that electrifying feeling when I watch it with buddy's at home couldn't imagine the atmosphere live.

I don't know because I never attented one myself, but it would seem you picked a good card to go. Have fun mate.

say to the crowd....let me bang bro!

I'm going to 174 too, upper bowl and I paid full price :mad: but only $66... tix are getting cheaper by the day.

I'm pumped for it as well! I'll probably miss the weigh ins unless my friends have the day off or something. We'll probably smuggle in some booze... Hope Rory / Woodley is a war too...

Awesome time most of the time hard to see the what's going on unless you sit in the first 15 rolls you'll find yourself watching the big screen still worth it though awesome atmosphere and you get to meet a bunch of fighters you get amazing chills and nerves watching your favorite fighters fight

You're making me even more excited! I got goose bumps, I get that electrifying feeling when I watch it with buddy's at home couldn't imagine the atmosphere live.

You'll have a great time, people so it seems from the general consensus don't care for the lighter weight guys, but I watched Mighty Mouse fight Cruz for the title, and when they talk about him being fast, it's an understatement, I don't know how anyone doesn't like to watch him fight.

And the people there are cool too, it's not an intimidating environment, don't worry about the people, just have fun watching the fights.

Let us know how it goes from your point of view.

I went to the Rockhold-Phillipou fight earlier this year and I had a blast. You're gonna have a great time at an awesome card like that. Try and get there early so you can go down lower and get good pics of the cage and stuff. I found it pretty easy to follow what was going on in the cage unless it went to the ground. Oh and someone getting dropped in person is 100X better than watching it on TV.

As mentioned by others, try to sneak in a drink or disguise it in a bottle of water or something because the drink prices are like 9$ a cup, fucking ridiculous. Or drink beforehand. Also expect there to be annoying ass clowns around you, somewhere near your seat there will be some tough guys that claim to know what to do or what's going on and will annoy the hell out of you if you are actually knowledgeable about MMA. You'll likely hear something like: "why doesn't he just get up? I would have gotten up already and knocked that guy out!"

Also despite the BS above, its actually fun, the atmosphere is great and feeling the energy of the crowd as something big is happening is amazing, you get caught up and start cheering at one point or another. Another thing is, unless you have really good seats (somewhere around the bottom, not floor seats though or middle), you'll most likely be watching the big screens more than the cage.

some good posts about crowd fight. Made me smile at least. Have fun TS and pls dont be some drunk idiot brawling in the crowds :).

Back