First time attending a UFC event what should I expect?

Steveston

Lion's Den
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going to UFC174 and this will be my very first time I've never attended a live UFC event before, I'll be going to the Weigh-In's as well so if there's anything you guys can recommend or suggest I'd gladly take the advice. Thanks -UniqueSteez.

UFC_174_event_poster.jpg

Sit in the lower bowl of the arena. I met Anthony Pettis, Clay Guida, and Forrest Griffin in the crowd at UFC 145. Awesome atmosphere.

Sit in the lower bowl of the arena. I met Anthony Pettis, Clay Guida, and Forrest Griffin in the crowd at UFC 145. Awesome atmosphere.
Woohoo luckily I got lower bowl seats!:D

If you plan on drinking then do most of it before the actual fights because the prices of drinks at UFC events are insane. Also don't miss the prelims!

As soon as you enter the arena, find the biggest meanest looking fan and attack him right away with the overhand.

Otherwise no one will respect u

Expect an awesome time!!!! Get to the weigh ins early and walk around the lobby and you might bump into some fighters. Same on fight day and walk around the lobby in between fights and you might run into fighters too. I ran into Chad Mendes just before Faber fought Menjivar, it looked like he was in a rush to be with Faber before he walked out but he still took a picture with me and 2 of my friends. Cool guy!

Go to the weigh ins. They're free.

Stare everyone down with your best mean mug.

Bring lots of beer money and a vaporizer, if you live in Vancouver, you probably know this already.

Awesome! You will have a great time, I envy you with the lower bowl tickets.

I've been to all UFC events in Vancouver. I saw Ace retire Chuck @ UFC 115 then I watched JDS smash Carwin and retire him as well @ UFC 131

And will be there again @ UFC 174!! All nosebleed seats though, I love every moment anyway!

I like bringing extra cash for some merchandise, like a fake ufc belt for my son, a t-shirt and a cap for myself and ofc beer.

Expect to watch the screens more so then the cage.

Wear a Tapout tshirt.

If you don't have it, you'll get bullied as soon as you enter in the arena.

I'll be there too, I'm driving up from Seattle. Hopefully there's a good turnout. I went to UFC on Fox 5, Hendo/Diaz and it was awesome, packed house, totally electric atmosphere. Then about 7 months later UFC on Fox 8 MM/Moraga felt like I was at a JV basketball game. I hope this one's gonna be packed

Back