First they screwed Blagoy Ivanov, now they did it to Ilir Latifi. Lewis is a lucker

TRT Champion

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Derrick "Black Beast" Lewis = judges' favorite pet dog. How many times will he beat the scoring system?
Do they score them in his favor for the post-fight interviews? Ridiculous...

Lewis beat Ivanov.

yes, they do love him. but blame the new scoring system that measures "effective" punches, meaning u can throw and land 1, ur opponent throws and lands 10, but that 1 was "more effective" and u win the exchange.....

i knew this new scoring system would mess everything up

Trying to finish fight>>>>>trying to hump. It's even been codified in the rules

Lewis rd 1, Latifi rd 2, first 2 minutes of last round Latifi laying on top not doing anything and last 2 minutes Lewis throwing bombs while Laitifi kept hugging and moving away. Lewis finished strong while Latifi didn't do anything with his takedown.
Latifi barely threw 1 punch on the feet the whole fight.

Blagoy was robbed so was Latifi, I don't understand what these judges are watching regarding Lewis.

yes, they do love him. but blame the new scoring system that measures "effective" punches, meaning u can throw and land 1, ur opponent throws and lands 10, but that 1 was "more effective" and u win the exchange.....

i knew this new scoring system would mess everything up
It was specifically mentioned that they're using the old system tonight.

Tbf he beat Ivanov. Managed to get back up and unleash damage on him in every exchange.

But as shitty as that lay and pray tactic was latifi should have won.

Tbh I don't really feel any sympathy for Ilir, guy wasn't even trying to hurt Beast, just laid on him. Still Beast didn't look good at all in that fight.

Hard to give the third to Laifi. Didn't land any meaningful strikes, layed and prayed on Black Beast when he got the takedown. The barrage in the final minute from Lewis won him the fight. He landed some good strikes there, Latifi seemed to be wobbled. I thought it was 29:28 Lewis clearly.

I thought Lewis beat Blagoy too. And you gotta be sure I was rooting for Ivanov since he is a fellow countryman. Blagoy didn't do anything when he got the takedown and Lewis won all sloppy boxing exchanges.

Back