First Somewhat Believable Benchmarks Of AMD Ryzen "Zen" AMD's Next Generation CPU

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
24061216906l.jpg

24061216784l.jpg

You can take this with a grain of salt but seems like the most believable test data to date about the AMD Zen CPU now called Ryzen. The Core i7 6900K is an 8 core 1,100 dollar chip. The Core i7 6900K seems to be the top end of the enthusiasts line of Intel chips and many complained about the very high price. That being said a constant rumor that AMD plans on pricing this chip very competitively with quad to octa-core chips. The rumored price of the low end could put much pressure on Intel.

The bottom end is said to come in at around 160 dollars and have comparable performance to the 350 Intel i7 quad core. The top end could be more problematic because no official word yet but rumors run anywhere from 500 to 800 dollars most agree that 650 seems the most common leaked number. If it comes in under 600 dollars it will crush the market for the top end Intel line because the price performance benefit is considerable. few other points not talked about its power requirement is 95 Watts VS 100 Watts for the Core I7 6900K.

The price difference may be plenty enough to sway people from dropping 1,100 dollars to get only a slightly better performance while many numbers tie the much more expensive Intel chip. Right after the announcement Intel announced they are upgrading the core line with a 10 core vs of the chip. Also AMD has hinted they are developing SOC's based on 2 core and 4 core Ryzen chips featuring their 460 to 480 level GPU.

Sorry it is not in english but the article covering it is in english about the specific points.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/amd-ryzen-first-cpu-benchmarks-surface/

I think SOC's will be the wave of the future. Intel licensed AMDs Radeon for use in there CPU's.
An i5 or equal level AMD chip with a rx470 or rx480 built in would work for a vast majority of people.

I think SOC's will be the wave of the future. Intel licensed AMDs Radeon for use in there CPU's.
An i5 or equal level AMD chip with a rx470 or rx480 built in would work for a vast majority of people.

They have not yet officially agreed to terms yet I am sure AMD is deciding how much or do they really need to license their technology to Intel. Intel likely is getting concerned because the bulldozer was poor technology where Zen really fixes many problems for AMD. I think AMD was considering licensing their chip technology given the need for cash to outlay to start producing the Zen in huge numbers. But I believe their recent successes have made it easier for them to borrow more money and raised the stock price enough they don't need to deal with Intel as much as the past.

wait are these the normal chips? If they're really that powerful then wow

They have not yet officially agreed to terms yet I am sure AMD is deciding how much or do they really need to license their technology to Intel. Intel likely is getting concerned because the bulldozer was poor technology where Zen really fixes many problems for AMD. I think AMD was considering licensing their chip technology given the need for cash to outlay to start producing the Zen in huge numbers. But I believe their recent successes have made it easier for them to borrow more money and raised the stock price enough they don't need to deal with Intel as much as the past.
I'm hoping the deal goes through. 1080p 60fps gaming in an Intel NUC, yes please.

wait are these the normal chips? If they're really that powerful then wow
It's starting too look that way but again till more people get their hands on it I would wait before I get to interested. But it's nice that we have competition at least back at the higher end where Intel just priced it as high as they wanted. This was especially true in VR where Intel had a hammer lock because single core performance was so important.

I'm hoping the deal goes through. 1080p 60fps gaming in an Intel NUC, yes please.

I think Intel may be playing a little hard ball because they where pinched hard by Nvidia and their terms AMD maybe trying to work a similar deal. Intel maybe backing away but Nvidia was becoming such a huge company Intel did not want to continue to funnel 100's of millions to Nvidia while Nvidia was growing into a chip monster in its own right.

For a lot of people, but realize that an i5 with an RX 480 GPU on-die is not going to have the same performance as a dedicated GPU.

Very interesting. We are about to drop loads of cash on i7-6950X based workstations. This might make it worth holding out.

Very interesting. We are about to drop loads of cash on i7-6950X based workstations. This might make it worth holding out.

It will still come down to actual independent tests though it does look good. Other is still no official word on price and that could be a problem.

The price seems to be the most vague talk from AMD. They are likely weighing interest and comfort for pricing.

The most common range puts it in the 500 to 850 price.

Ryzen video from CES but also sponsored by AMD so there but Tech Tips has usually been a good source.

Ryzen video from CES but also sponsored by AMD so there but Tech Tips has usually been a good source.

They really need announce a price. On the WAN show, Linus said all Ryzen chips were unlocked, you just need to buy an appropriate board. There's going to be a low power chip, 2 main streams, and 2 for enthusiasts.
Video should start at that segment

They really need announce a price. On the WAN show, Linus said all Ryzen chips were unlocked, you just need to buy an appropriate board. There's going to be a low power chip, 2 main streams, and 2 for enthusiasts.
Video should start at that segment

I think the reason was that segment was sponsored by AMD so there is that connection. More news AMD may put off the release of a 7nm version of the chip till late 2018 or early 2019. I was hoping that AMD would start sampling 7nm chips by the beginning of 2018. Intel should start shipping 10nm chips Q3 this year giving Intel a slight jump again over AMD. Intel wants to slowly move away from the current X86 design and move to simplify the design of their chips in the future to maximize the amount of space on the chip for cache and speed optimizations. This is coming to the end of the X86 and could happen before the 7nm design specs. Intel seems to hint they want to go to 4nm but that is far away.

EDIT: One thing I wanted to add the guy who saved AMD bacon 2 times has moved on to making custom ASICS with Tesla and possibly a custom processor. The chip superstar Jim Keller the guy who designed AMD 64 bit chip and Ryzen is now working at Tesla on an autonomous chip design or ASICs for the next generation Tesla.

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/processors/40945-amd-working-on-7nm-48-core-processor

Well it has been it looks like it was confirmed the AMD plans to have products across all Intel lines. Ryzen based 14nm cores to complete with Intel i3, i5 and i7 lines.

Difference is their lower end ones are targeting i3 lack hypertheading like their higher end models.

The newest versions of i3 now support hypertheading this could force AMD to add hypertheading to lower end models. This also adds credibility to the idea of a 160 dollar model to pressure Intel's expensive "320 dollar" mid level i5.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...ve-begun-sampling-quad-core-ryzen-processors/

Back