First Reformed sucks. come at me Bros

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I watched this movie tonight because I'd heard good things about it on sherdog.

What a steaming pile of shit it turned out to be.

First, one of the posts that recommended it used the fact that Paul Schrader wrote and directed it as a selling point.

I know him as the writer of taxi driver but that was a long time ago, so I looked up what he's done lately and I find that he directed the canyons, starring Lindsay Lohan, which was considered the worst movie of the year when it came out. So maybe Paul Schrader's not exactly hitting homeruns anymore.

Ethan Hawke's acting was a little worse than it usually is. As was Amanda Seyfried's. Not terrible but not great.

My main complaint is the stupid premise. Toller doesn't care about the environment. Or maybe he does a little but he's not a complete fanatic like Michael. Yet after having one conversation with Michael, Toller suddenly is so passionate about it that he's willing to become a suicide bomber to prove his point? Absolutely ridiculous.

Add to that the fact that he lost a child, and he's still going to blow up a church full of people? Even the guy he hated the most brought in what looked like his daughters. He has no idea if they agree with their dad's perspective or not. And what about the other 100 innocent people there? It seemed like he really was only mad at the CEO of balq and Cedric the entertainer. It seems like an awfully evil stretch to murder hundreds of others. It just wasn't plausible given the character he'd been established as.

Also, His switch from good guy to bad was more sudden than Anakin Skywalker's, where one minute he's turning in Palatine to be arrested, and minutes later he's killing Jedi children.

Brilliant film, one of the very best of 2018.

I watched this movie tonight because I'd heard good things about it on sherdog.

What a steaming pile of shit it turned out to be.

First, one of the posts that recommended it used the fact that Paul Schrader wrote and directed it as a selling point.

I know him as the writer of taxi driver but that was a long time ago, so I looked up what he's done lately and I find that he directed the canyons, starring Lindsay Lohan, which was considered the worst movie of the year when it came out. So maybe Paul Schrader's not exactly hitting homeruns anymore.

Ethan Hawke's acting was a little worse than it usually is. As was Amanda Seyfried's. Not terrible but not great.

My main complaint is the stupid premise. Toller doesn't care about the environment. Or maybe he does a little but he's not a complete fanatic like Michael. Yet after having one conversation with Michael, Toller suddenly is so passionate about it that he's willing to become a suicide bomber to prove his point? Absolutely ridiculous.

Add to that the fact that he lost a child, and he's still going to blow up a church full of people? Even the guy he hated the most brought in what looked like his daughters. He has no idea if they agree with their dad's perspective or not. And what about the other 100 innocent people there? It seemed like he really was only mad at the CEO of balq and Cedric the entertainer. It seems like an awfully evil stretch to murder hundreds of others. It just wasn't plausible given the character he'd been established as.

Also, His switch from good guy to bad was more sudden than Anakin Skywalker's, where one minute he's turning in Palatine to be arrested, and minutes later he's killing Jedi children.
They were younglings and that's like your opinion, man.

BOOM

Came at

Never watched it.

Dont come at me.
I dont want to be associated with you

Back