First Openly Gay/Lesbian Champion?

If she's the first open, then who's the first non-open?

And of course, the obligatory not they there's anything wrong with that.

not a big deal, there have been plenty of closeted gay champs

sn.jpg

you can't end your story two times in the same post, we are living in a society here sir

Who gives a shit with who or what a person sleeps with. She is a "person", end of story. It should make as much sense to point out a gay champion as it would to point out a "straight" champion. If everyone keeps pointing out someone is "different" then they will always be treated as they are different. Amanda is the woman's UFC bantam weight champion and she is awesome...End of story.

BUT! I am the first openly user of "end of story" twice in the same post on Sherdog. So somehow that makes this feat more meaningful then the one time "end of story" users or the closeted two time "end of story" users.......right?

Last edited:
shit, the mcnugget fanboy mod is really sensitive

I posted that naked mcgregor picture and got deleted

I don't get why it's even brought up that she's gay. Who gives a fuck? Whoopty do, you're the first gay MMA champion. Are we gonna act like it's a milestone every time a gay person does anything?

It's not like she broke down borders and negated stereotypes. I think most people would expect that damn near every female pro fighter was a lesbian. If anything, it's reinforcing stereotypes lol

If we're really gonna be cool with gay people, we shouldn't even be talking about it. Like, who cares who you're fucking? You're a fighter. That should be what we care about. When we're always talking about gay people as "gay fighters" or "gay cops" we're just treating them like freaks like we always did when I grew up, only now we're going "oh but that's so great though" at the end to try and save it.

I think we agree 100%....this is what I posted on the previous page:
Who gives a shit with who or what a person sleeps with. She is a "person", end of story. It should make as much sense to point out a gay champion as it would to point out a "straight" champion. If everyone keeps pointing out someone is "different" then they will always be treated as they are different. Amanda is the woman's UFC bantam weight champion and she is awesome...End of story.

FYI...someone was already kind enough to point out that did "end of story" twice in the same post.

Last edited:
Back