First Openly Gay/Lesbian Champion?

A gay male being champion would be a much bigger deal. Being a lesbian is probably an advantage when it comes to fighting. Not to generalise but on average Lesbians are more manly than straight women and gay men tent to be less manly than straight men so being gay is an advantage to female fighters but a disadvantage to male fighters.

That's true. We all saw what being a lesbian did for Conor McGregor's career

dana-white-balls.jpg

Dana's not gay. But a buck is a buck

I wonder what sherdog would become if Conor or Cody were gay. Lol I can't even imagine the meltdown.

i honestly think only tecia torres is the only ufc lesbian who doesn't look like a stereotypical dyke

You had no idea she is gay?. they have only been shoving it down our throats at every opportunity, every interview and promo they say it.

I don't get why it's even brought up that she's gay. Who gives a fuck? Whoopty do, you're the first gay MMA champion. Are we gonna act like it's a milestone every time a gay person does anything?

It's not like she broke down borders and negated stereotypes. I think most people would expect that damn near every female pro fighter was a lesbian. If anything, it's reinforcing stereotypes lol

If we're really gonna be cool with gay people, we shouldn't even be talking about it. Like, who cares who you're fucking? You're a fighter. That should be what we care about. When we're always talking about gay people as "gay fighters" or "gay cops" we're just treating them like freaks like we always did when I grew up, only now we're going "oh but that's so great though" at the end to try and save it.

You had no idea she is gay?. they have only been shoving it down our throats at every opportunity, every interview and promo they say it.

^ These people are so strange to me. I have seen lots of promos and lots of interviews, and I have never heard them talk about Nunes being gay. Not saying they have not mentioned it, but it certainly has not been a huge ongoing topic of discussion.

But somehow this weirdo decided they are, "Shoving it down our throats at every opportunity."

He seems like one of those guys that sees a gay couple out at a restaurant and goes, "I don't care what they do in private, but they shouldn't shove it in our faces!"

Right? They're not even scissoring ffs

I dont know man , maybe im just old and dont get it , but ive never rolled off the old lady and thought " mmmm, let me snap a pic to show 2 million of my closest friends real quick!"

My best friend wouldnt give a shit about seeing that pic , why would anyone else? Yeah , youre into each other ........such a novel and unique situation!

weird, Homophobes in a thread about sexuality...

1. I don't give a shit
2. I think she is a great fighter and can do a lot for LGBT recognition worldwide and in Brazil in particular

But how many straight fighters, male or female are posting pics like that!?

That's her decision but she is inviting comment. She does not have to hide anything but on a bed in an embrace is different from a pic with her gal at a BBQ or event. You are just asking for teenage caliber memes.

Just saying...

Back