First MMA Session

Muay_Thai_Del

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi All, I had my first MMA session about 2 weeks ago,(have had to have a break as i somehow managed to break my finger in training) and i loved every second.

It was a completly different kind of work out to training muay thai. One thing that i found a little strange was that we were training escapes from full guard my jaw ached soooo much, i don't know if this was beacuse my chin was down close to my chest or what. Has anyone else experienced this?

I haven't got on to doing any submissions yet, all i have covered so far is escaping from full guard, single leg take downs some basic sprawling, The warm up was cool as well although i think i have got to practise a lot until i get everything right. We did various rolls, over each shoulder, how to fall without hurting yourself.

I am loving the MMA training and am going back this evening since i broke my finger.

At my school, Boxing, BJJ, and Muay Thai are all seperate and only the ones who have good enough skills can do the MMA class which is all sparring and live drills.

Back