First Jiu Jitsu Tourney.

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by CaliKid45, Aug 22, 2010.

1. CaliKid45

CaliKid45 Yellow Belt

-doing no gi 125
    Ive trained jiu jitsu for the last 4 months and have done great in the short amount of time. I've wrestled since i was 8 and im used to the tourney feel, but i dont know if its the same for a jiu jitsu tourney so what should i expect and do to get ready.

2. iluvballz

iluvballz White Belt

expect to get tapped. jk. just think of it as fun time.

3. crochuck

crochuck Banned Banned

Is there any particular reason you aren't doing Gi? At first it seems like a good idea to not do a lot of divisions but you quickly learn the more you sign up for the better. My first comp I only did my Gi weight class and I had all of two rolls and that got me the silver. I'd say its better to sign up for everyone you can. You can always back out if you feel you can't compete anymore.

4. knoxpk

knoxpk Black Belt

I encourage you to do both gi and no gi so you get the most amount of matches.

Unlike a wrestling tourney you might get one or 2 matches and that is all. Certainly you can handle more.

Go out there and have fun. Pace yourself in your matches and you will do just fine.

5. GroundGameFan

GroundGameFan Brown Belt