First GSP vs. Nick Diaz pre-fight press conference set for January 23rd

Wonder if Nick gets in Georges' face and starts talking shit to him when they do the pictures after the conference.

Wonder if Nick gets in Georges' face and starts talking shit to him when they do the pictures after the conference.

Shit talking is fine. I bet GSP will mush Nicks face as soon as it gets inside his comfort bubble.

Are Diaz fans willing to admit that he's scared if he no shows again??

no. but i will admit he's afraid of speaking in public. i'm the same way until i started taking meds. i would bail on college presentations but i would turn in the best damn projects the class had seen. it's a weird thing and hard to explain. i would have dropped out had i not gotten help. fucked up thing about mma is that you can't take psych meds. not that diaz would. just saying. i gather this is why he smokes pot. many people i know do for the same reason. contrary to what sherdogers believe pot does remedy many pysch illnesses. also makes them worse in some cases.

anyway, diaz is afraid of no one. it is what it is. if he was afraid he wouldn't have just walked into daly's punches the way he did. there is nothing gsp can do that is more harmful to an opponent than daly's punches. gsp couldn't ko shields, couldn't sub hardy. diaz has nothing to worry about besides a decision, MAAAAYBE cuts. diaz is not afraid of getting decisioned. he'll probably retire though if it happens. i will admit he lacks sportsmanship when he loses. still one of my favorite fighters.

he should. gsp might cry. gsp has been very emotional about nick's shit talking. going to make an interesting fight. if nick was smart he was just lay it on thick and dog him non stop starting yesterday.

Diaz would possibly be the dumbest motherfucker if he never showed up And Dana will probably fire him right after. Case closed.

he should. gsp might cry. gsp has been very emotional about nick's shit talking. going to make an interesting fight. if nick was smart he was just lay it on thick and dog him non stop starting yesterday.

Good luck with that, Georges is an emotionless golem. Have you ever seen him emotionally rattled? Nick Diaz can talk all day it won't matter.

Word is Diaz no-showed the first press conference because he knew he was going to get drug tested and knew he would fail for weed, and didn't want a suspension. They caught Overeem after his press conference as well.

Honestly, you think Diaz would be afraid of getting blanketed by GSP whilst making the biggest payday of his life, when he stood and traded with Daley, Cyborg, and Zaromskis for much less?

exactly. the only thing diaz needs to duck is piss test. cyborg's kicks and daly's punches are far more dangerous than anything gsp can throw. diaz walked through them with complete disregard. just like he will walk into gsp's takedowns.

Good luck with that, Georges is an emotionless golem. Have you ever seen him emotionally rattled? Nick Diaz can talk all day it won't matter.

are you kidding? have you been paying attention at all? gsp was irate and thoroughly embarrassed after nick's fight with bj. you could see it in his face when he was doing his jazz hands in front of the camera. d white confirmed it. gsp has admitted it. do you live under a rock? this is the whole reason gsp want this fight.

exactly. the only thing diaz needs to duck is piss test. cyborg's kicks and daly's punches are far more dangerous than anything gsp can throw. diaz walked through them with complete disregard. just like he will walk into gsp's takedowns.

:eek: lol :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Scared of what? Its not like gsp hurts people or puts a beating of guys for 5 rounds, he just wants to hold them and cuddle. Nick will show up he aint gona turn down a huge payday is he!!!

no. but i will admit he's afraid of speaking in public. i'm the same way until i started taking meds. i would bail on college presentations but i would turn in the best damn projects the class had seen. it's a weird thing and hard to explain. i would have dropped out had i not gotten help. fucked up thing about mma is that you can't take psych meds. not that diaz would. just saying. i gather this is why he smokes pot. many people i know do for the same reason. contrary to what sherdogers believe pot does remedy many pysch illnesses. also makes them worse in some cases.

anyway, diaz is afraid of no one. it is what it is. if he was afraid he wouldn't have just walked into daly's punches the way he did. there is nothing gsp can do that is more harmful to an opponent than daly's punches. gsp couldn't ko shields, couldn't sub hardy. diaz has nothing to worry about besides a decision, MAAAAYBE cuts. diaz is not afraid of getting decisioned. he'll probably retire though if it happens. i will admit he lacks sportsmanship when he loses. still one of my favorite fighters.

Agree 100%. Well said mate

:eek: lol :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

what are you laughing at? do you seriously think gsp hits harder than daly? do you think he kicks harder than cyborg? if you do you're high on acid. gsp is better than those two but he does not hold a candle to their power striking. watch daly's highlights you fool. he shuts people down with one punch knock out power. gsp couldn't do that to save his life. you think diaz is afraid of takedowns? "LOL"

Its his job to show up. You shouldnt praise somebody for doing the bare minimum

Admitting that a fighter isn't scared to fight another is hardly "praising" anyone... Especially when some fans ACTUALLY believe that he is scared of 'doing his job' even though he picked his job and most likely isn't scared of the majority of fighters that fight at a weight class above him, yet alone someone the same weight that has something that would change his life...

Yep, been saying all along, only a matter of time before Cyborg and Daly fight each other for the UFC WW crown.:cool:

I'm not going to say what Diaz is or isn't, but it's not correct to say that someone isn't afraid just because they fight tough. The feelings before a fight are very different than those during a fight, which I think most people that have competed in full contact have experienced, and only very few fighters aren't afraid at all when going into a fight. It's very possible for someone to cave under the anxiety of fighting beforehand some time but still perform well the times he's actually in the ring/cage.

So yes, you can have someone that's really afraid before a fight but once he's in there he's fearless. I also think that most fighters with experience fear to lose more than being hurt most of the time.

Your estimations of GSP's capabilities also look pretty ignorant when viewed on a wider scale (i.e. not just as an opinion about GSP). Dan frigging Henderson couldn't KO shields, so I guess you don't have to worry about his punches either? GSP couldn't KO Koscheck either but Kos was still far, far more hurt after that fight than in the one he got KO'ed (Kos likely has permanent nerve damage after the GSP fight). That was just not a very good breakdown, not to mention that if you've ever fought you'd know that you can hurt pretty bad after a decision (even without actually breaking something). The most likely outcome is GSP winning a decision, so that's not the part I'm arguing against.

nobody cares about a press conference, he will be at the fight 100% guaranteed, can't say the same for gsp tho...

Course you can't say the same for gsp... You have no idea about anything involved with mma. It's just common sense.

nobody cares about a press conference, he will be at the fight 100% guaranteed, can't say the same for gsp tho...

The president of the UFC clearly cares. Yeah right, GSP not showing up for a fight. Herpaderpa

Back