first fight of ufc 236 prelims, first questionable stoppage

But he did protect himself.. Hence my point... He was moving his head, he was not out, and out of the 2 strikes thrown after he fell to the ground, only 1 landed cleanly.... SO now we are saying that you no longer need to actually be out and taking necessary damage, now you just need to be dropped? So we might as well make it an instant TKO once a fighter gets dropped because how do you determine which fighter takes what damage after being dropped... This fight he took 1 shot after being dropped clean, and was NOT OUT, yet you agree with the fight stoppage because he was dazed? That by itself is not what the rules state for the fight to be stopped.
Do you not watch guys turtle up and the fight called basically every card. We don’t need to see someone out cold for a fighter to be done. He wasn’t protecting himself whatsoever

Zero intelligent defense...the fuck you still crying about

Do you not watch guys turtle up and the fight called basically every card. We don’t need to see someone out cold for a fighter to be done. He wasn’t protecting himself whatsoever
Of course i do, but those fighters are actually hurt and take more then 1 strike of damage.... This has been a trend lately, maybe more so since the ESPN deal to try to soften how the sport looks to casuals and its horrible for fighters who work all their life just so its stopped early on 1 fight, yet the next fight a guy is allowed to eat 20+shots on the ground.

Being dropped and just dazed is different then "not being able to continue" and this seems to be more and more misconstrued and convoluted for no other reason then a simple lack of care for the sport that gets countered by the obvious "do you want these guys to die in there?" comment. No i dont want anyone to die, but i do want to see a fair chance to every fighter and not a select few and then followed that up by a random argument like "oh yea he was done" when he clearly was not...

Back