First fight ever in 1 week, same-day weigh in, please ADVISE

madcatz

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have my first muay thai fight (first fight ever) coming up next weekend. I'm fighting at 140, wake up in the morning at 142 after using the bathroom and go to bed around 144. I usually lose 3 lbs or so after working out. I've dropped from 149 to 142 in 3 weeks prior when I found out about the fight so 2 lbs/week.

I am an ectomorph (very lean, very little body fat). Total daily intake is 2000-2300 calories, far reduced from what I used to eat. I run 5x/week for ~30-45 min + train 2-3 hours per day 6 days/week.

The weigh-ins are 3 hours prior to the fight. Lately, I've also been feeling sluggish towards the end of the week of training (I think it is because of my reduced diet) so I would like to eat a great meal the night before. I'm concerned about weighing in though if I eat a heavy meal the night before.

My question is:
What weight should I shoot for during the middle of the week? Night before the fight?
How should I modify my diet below?
Should I dehydrate or try to jump off pounds if I'm still a little over at weigh-in? I am concerned because this is my first fight, never done anything like this before and don't want nerves setting in.

My current diet is:

9:30am Breakfast (~500 calories)
1 cup oatmeal
2 egg whites
1/2 grapefruit
1/4 cantaloupe

12:30pm Lunch (~400 calories)
Large mixed greens salad with tomatoes, asparagus, cucumbers, grilled vegetables, 1 egg white, etc.
3 oz of chicken

3:30pm Afternoon Snack (~200 calories)
1 Balance Bar

6pm Pre-Workout Snack (~100 calories)
1 Banana

9:30pm Dinner (~400-500 calories)
1/2 cup quinoa or similar grain
3 oz salmon or chicken
Kale/Collard Greens/other sauteed vegetables.

11pm before bed snack (~200-300 calories)
1 non-fat yogurt
1 apple
1/4 cup cottage cheese

My bad habits include eating extra at night when I get home. I eat maybe 2 out of 4 of these late at night (~200-300 calories)
-E.g. a TBSP of peanut butter
-1 oz of beef jerky
-1 wheat toast
-1 corn on the cob

Take in at least 14-16 cups of water or green tea/day from drinking, not food

Thanks everyone for your help! Can't tell you how much I appreciate this in advance.

you can loose about 12 pounds of water weight if you try so just sweat it out before weigh in

Back