First day back...i remember this being easier

TheIronGiraffe

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
just got back into the gym after just about 6 months. I have been teaching my buddies at work a few things here and there, but for the most part ive just been eating and watching tv. felt like I was gonna throw up after one roll...awesome.

what's the longest anyone here has taken away from the sport and how hard was it to get back into it?

after my first initial 3 months of training...for sooome reason (probably summer and hanging out with friends allll day) i took 5 months off. the first week back i felt worse than my first day. i think a lot of it had to do with my mental expectations of myself. i didn't realize how unhappy my body would be with me for taking such a long break.

I took 3 months off once and my cardio was hurt when I came back. I did cardio work outside of class a month before I came back though so I'm sure that helped.

2 years. Got back in 3 months ago. It was a bit rough at first considering I had gained 60 lbs. I'm back in full swing now though.

Heck... I felt awkward from taking a week and a half off letting a cut on my eye heal.

one year after acl replacement. My mind was still on the ball telling my body things to do but my body just wasn't processing, it was very frustrating for about three weeks.

Three serious breaks I guess...

7 years after a back injury, it was really hard to come back from that one.

8 weeks after I had my big toe repaired, easier to come back.

4 months after emergency surgery to remove half my stomach and reroute the intestines when my ulcer burst and gave me peritonitis. This one has been hard as I had the long incision from sternum past belly button - 18 months in I feel almost there. Sort of.

With back surgery likely coming up I expect I will be out another few weeks. Lame.

Back