First comp on Sunday, any tips/advice?

Cr3do

White Belt
Reaction score
As the title says, any tips and/or advice would be really appreciated.

I had my last nogi session today, and will rest tomorrow and just do some mobility work. and get ready for the comp on Sunday.

Thanks.

I just had my first competition the start of this month, I thought I wouldn't be nervous and I wasn't until I was called to go to my mat and I think it effected my cardio because I was so nervous. Its alot more fast paced so you gas alot faster if you got bad cardio like me thats all I know

Have fun!

It's a first comp. You might smash it or you might get armbarred 5 seconds into your first match. It doesn't matter - it's good experience; the hardest thing is learning to deal with your nerves.

Nerves are the biggest thing. Just focus on staying relaxed and don't tense up or you'll gas out quickly.

Initiate the takedown/huard pull- anyway, tzke initiative in the stand up phase, it will probably put you ahead of your oponent both psychologically and positionally.

When your in The bullpen with all the competitors in your weight class don't be intimidated by the guy with the Chuck Liddell Mohawk, neck tattoos and fuck your life gi patch.

On the flip side, don't underestimate the guy with glasses who looks like he just came from comic con and fixes computers for a living.

Never judge a book by its cover especially in Bjj comps.

copenhagenwinter.jpg

Back