International First climate change-caused mammal extinction

Throttlehead

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The Morrison government has formally recognised the extinction of a tiny island rodent, the Bramble Cay melomys - the first known demise of a mammal because of human-induced climate change.

The changed status of the Melomys rubicola from the government's "endangered" to "extinct" category was included without fanfare in a statement released by federal Environment Minister Melissa Price late on Monday.

de4b0cc8634f041d0ed1c0c1698e07797d6b82f7

The extinction of the Bramble Cay melomys is understood to be the first mammal killed off by human-led climate change.

Geoff Richardson, an environment department official, told Senate estimates on Monday night that research efforts since 2014 - "including a pretty rushed trip in 2015" - had failed to identify any melomys individuals in their only known location on Bramble Cay, a tiny Torres Strait island near Papua New Guinea .

Declaring its extinction "was not a decision to take lightly," Mr Richardson said. "There's always a delay while the evidence is gathered to be absolutely certain."

Rest of story

Cool brah, the earth has been fucking wrecked a bunch of times before us and it will a bunch of times after us.

Just pray for God's grace my man. It's all we've got.

The Left needs to prove "man made climate change" first.

They have not even done that yet.

The political left: There is no evidence biology influences gender.
The political right: There is no evidence humans influence climate patterns.
Me:<mma4>

What's going to happen when the Yellowstone volcano or any of the super volcanoes erupts and we get an instant ice age for years wiping out most life on the planet, including most humans? It happens every 600k years.

The political left: There is no evidence biology influences gender.
The political right: There is no evidence humans influence climate patterns.
Me:<mma4>
No, "the political left" doesn't say that. Some fringe asses say that. But nearly the entire political right denies human-caused climate change. You just both-sided yourself.

Cool brah, the earth has been fucking wrecked a bunch of times before us and it will a bunch of times after us.

A bit too laissez-faire for my taste, but fair given the difficulty had in refining a true understanding of something as chaotic as earth's climate.

Last edited:
The party of "personal responsibility" once again handballing personal responsibility to an imaginary sky wizard

What's going to happen when the Yellowstone volcano or any of the super volcanoes erupts and we get an instant ice age for years wiping out most life on the planet, including most humans? It happens every 600k years.
We will get to worry about climate change all over again, from the beginning.

what does god have to do with anything

In b4 climate has always changed
And climate change is a hoax.

Ooops too late. It's gonna be sad looking back at all the denier talking points in the future.

Anthropogenic global warming is the "Thanks Obama!" of the left.

The Left needs to prove "man made climate change" first.

They have not even done that yet.
If you weren't dumb as dog shit you wouldn't refer climate change to right or left, its about scientific facts regarding the issue, not about 2 factions arguing.

Besides, if it was proved you wouldn't accept anyway.... because God controls weather in your world.

Maybe its all you got, but reality check.......GOD does not make it rain.

This sounds like a lazy excuse for apathy and not addressing an issue.

Calling it now, those rats are still out there.

You'd think it be easy to connect the issues of the longer humans live and have more children the more of earth's resources will be needed. at a certain point something will give. Guess not.

Back