First case of Krokodil use, the flesh eating drug, in the US

There's a lot of ignorant bullshit in this thread. As somebody who is currently working with drug using adolescents I find it difficult to understand where some of these comments are coming from. Nobody I work with who uses does it for shits and giggles. They all tend to have very long, fucked up histories that the majority of us wouldn't even be able to fathom. If you had the opportunity to sit with some of them and hear their stories then I think (or perhaps just hope) that you'd have a completely different perspective on drug use.

With that said, I can't make a lot of sense out of this drug if it's everything they make it out to be. You'd have to be completely desperate and most likely incredibly self loathing to want to put this shit in your body. It makes me wonder what must have happened to lead up to them finding themselves in such a place, because I'm struggling to fathom this one.

Good. I say the human race is long overdue for a selection pressure that culls its obscenely stupid and worthless members.

I thought speed and meth were the same thing?

Speed and crystal meth the same thing? No, it's not.

One is potentially lethal taken in high doses and highly addictive. The other is just for a buzz for a few days, with no sleep and no eating. Your heart can race big time though (hence the name speed/fast/base). But then your heart races on a lot of drugs. I would say the most mine has raced though was on speed.

With fuel prices being what they are I'd rather break a few old batteries apart, steal cough medicine, fake an injury for an ice pack or whatever tweakers use I don't know the formula I'm just saying.

Chinballs, why do people say cocaine is not in the same league as heroin? What is that? Heroin is not in the same league as cocaine, IMO. Obviously heroin has intense physical withdrawals and cocaine doesn't, but you're on here talking about the importance of psychological withdrawal, and there's nothing that sticks with you longer psychologically than cocaine.

Kind of late to the party, but sniffing/smoking cocaine does not even begin to compare to opiate use. On the other hand, nothing else in the world begins to come even close to IV coke. IV Coke is in my opinion the most addictive drug out there, as well as it will destroy you faster than anything besides the Krok. You're shooting up every 1-5 minutes so you've got tracks for days - you become overly paranoid before you even get the needle out of your arm... I could go on, but I'll just leave it at that.

I'm sincerely glad I never tried it - I've never been one for "uppers" - but I watched a whole lot of dudes destroy their lives even when they didn't think they had anything left to destroy. Mostly some friends from my younger days that ended up in methadone clinics, and were on too high of doses to feel anything, so IV coke was the only thing they could feel. And feel it they did.

...a year?

I don't buy it. At all. There's nothing on earth that gives withdrawals for that long. Nowhere close

I'm talking physical withdrawals. Real withdrawals

Have seen multiple friends suffer from physical methadone withdrawals for upwards of 7 months. It is not nearly as intense as heroin withdrawals, especially not as intense as oxymorphone withdrawals, but it is a persistent moderate flu-like withdrawal - mostly no solid stools (and usually no warning that you're about to spray shit water everywhere), temperature fluctuations, sweating, RLS, etc.

Of course they weren't doing the double ended water works, and OTC sleep meds would afford them a couple hours of sleep here and there, benzos even more, but physical methadone withdrawals can be very long lasting, although again, not nearly as intense as diamorphine, or the granddaddy of opiate withdrawals; oxymorphone.

Uhh no, I mean "feeling like you're dying, physical withdrawls"

And that second part: Show you a junkie who can resemble his former self after a month? Hi. 4 years shooting Heroin and Cocaine. After a month, you start to pick the pieces back up. Physical withdrawal is over. You start to actually be alive again

And don't talk to me about weed, when we're discussing withdrawals

Sounds like you got either really lucky and didn't suffer from PAWs, or you had an amazing support system in place which allowed your time to be focused and spent with care, instead of having free time to allow PAWs to really get up in your ass.

Congrats to you though my friend. I've watched so many fail and fail, it always makes me smile when someone makes it back from the other side.

Also, anyone here familier with this other drug that I've just heard of: Scopolamine?

It's nightshade. I've heard nightshade is one of the worst trips you can ever have.

Back