First boxing match monday, what should i do?

Marc936

Orange Belt
Reaction score
im still 2 lbs over weight so im drinking distilled water and taking in no salts until the weigh in then drink a gatorade

anything particular i should do? training wise? rest?

ive been sick with the flu for the past 2 weeks so i wasn't able to train, im still coughing but ill get one hard spar/heavy bag session and rest til monday so all soreness is gone

Remember all your training, your strengths, your weaknesses, and rest as much as you can. Another thing to do is to train your mind, visualize the fight, just as if you were shadowboxing; if the guy has more reach, fight him close, if he has shorter reach, work the jab and the counters when comes in. Seriously, train your mind.

EDIT: also remember the vital points: solar plexus, chin (duh), temple, floating ribs, just under the ear (on the jaw joint), etc, fight smart.

Remember all your training, your strengths, your weaknesses, and rest as much as you can. Another thing to do is to train your mind, visualize the fight, just as if you were shadowboxing; if the guy has more reach, fight him close, if he has shorter reach, work the jab and the counters when comes in. Seriously, train your mind.

EDIT: also remember the vital points: solar plexus, chin (duh), temple, floating ribs, just under the ear (on the jaw joint), etc, fight smart.

uh about that lol, its frustrating, i dont know who im fighting, they just said my weight division fights monday

that sucks, but still, go through things in your mind, it'll REALLY help in calming you down.

Thanks man, I have a fight coming up too Muay Thai, sounds like good advice...glad to see this thread :)

Just chill Monday is fast approaching.

Dont tense up during the fight, just let the jabs flow, dont retreat in a straight line, come in with angles, just go on autopilot.

Its a fun experience.

Back