International First Bill, in Midst of Shutdown, is a Bipartisan Defense of the Israeli Government from Boycotts

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
It would be nice, if nothing else, that people have a chance to see what is going on here. Sadly, those who rely on MSM will not get this information in any serious or truthful fashion.

When each new Congress is gaveled into session, the chambers attach symbolic importance to the first piece of legislation to be considered. For that reason, it bears the lofty designation of H.R.1 in the House, and S.1 in the Senate....

...the first bill to be considered – S.1 – is not designed to protect American workers, bolster U.S. companies, or address the various debates over border security and immigration. It’s not a bill to open the government. Instead, according to multiple sources involved in the legislative process, S.1 will be a compendium containing a handful of foreign-policy related measures, a main one of which is a provision, with Florida’s GOP Sen. Marco Rubio as a lead sponsor, to defend the Israeli government. The bill is a top legislative priority for AIPAC....

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/05...ense-of-the-israeli-government-from-boycotts/

Nauseating.
And not one bit surprising.

But let's talk about Russian interference in the election.

Israel has always been the most dominant foreign force to interfere and influence the US government.

I hope it pases. víva Israel. Lol abig is obessed with Jews and Israel

It’s okay to funnel billions to protect and defend Israel’s boarders but to do it in America is racist.

I’m so sick of “our greatest ally” walking all over America and nobody having the balls to call them on it.

Cut them off financially already!

It’s okay to funnel billions to protect and defend Israel’s boarders but to do it in America is racist.

I’m so sick of “our greatest ally” walking all over America and nobody having the balls to call them on it.

Cut them off financially already!
Or how about Jews fund Israel? There are plenty of absurdly rich Jews that could fund the country

I just don’t understand the nuts and bolts of how this works.

How do they stop people from boycotting Israel?

Hell, how do you even boycott Israel?

“That’s it, no more rugelach for me!!!”

Or how about Jews fund Israel? There are plenty of absurdly rich Jews that could fund the country
Israel doesn't really need our foreign aid like that, its most military aid that requires that they buy from us despite the fact they have quite a respectable arms industry of their own(the Uzi being perhaps the most iconic weapon by the Israeli arms industry).

I'm sure they make full use of those ~3 billion and would hate to see it cut off but its hardly propping them up.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand the nuts and bolts of how this works.

How do they stop people from boycotting Israel?

Hell, how do you even boycott Israel?

“That’s it, no more rugelach for me!!!”

They don’t. Businesses are not allowed to not do business with Israel or an Israeli company if the primary motivation to participate in the boycott is the threat by a foreign country or treaty organization that the business itself would be boycotted. Basically, the rule is designed to prevent our companies from being extorted to act in a way counter to our foreign policy.

A similar rule has been on the books since 1977.

If a company really doesn’t want to do business with Israel, that’s fine.

I hope it pases. víva Israel. Lol abig is obessed with Jews and Israel

You're not even American. Stop cheering the violation of my fellow citizen's rights.

Last edited:
Read the bill. Your rights aren’t being violated.

Hmm, its like this is being intentionally suppressed by MSM... wonder why.

Obligatory

aiEJH.gif

Back