Firewatch

Man this game is UNBEARABLE on ps4. Never have I seen a game with such ridiculous framerate issues. I can't even walk without constant freezing, nevermind trying to sprint

I've had minor issues, it froze up once but started me back almost right where i was before.

I saw a trailer for this the other day and it caught my interest. Is it basically just a point and click adventure but in first person? Can you die? Are there uses for all the items you pick up?

Yeah pretty much but it's a beautiful game and the voice acting is incredible. I've enjoyed it a ton so far. I don't think you can die. It's worth the $18 ($20 if you don't have PS Plus i think)

I've had minor issues, it froze up once but started me back almost right where i was before.

Yeah pretty much but it's a beautiful game and the voice acting is incredible. I've enjoyed it a ton so far. I don't think you can die. It's worth the $18 ($20 if you don't have PS Plus i think)

I would say it's worth the 20$. I was a little unimpressed with the ending but then reading people's thoughts on Reddit I came around and accepted the ending a bit better.

Nearing the end and should easily have it done tonight. On day 78. I've enjoyed it quite a bit and am genuinely intrigued to see the ending. That said not sure if it's worth the 18. No replay value it seems and its very short.

I think they could really get a lot more out of a game like this if they just added some puzzles etc.. to progress. Maybe some light platforming? I think there is a lot of potential if they just beefed up the gameplay a tad.

I did think the ending was kind of weak at first, but after reading about it and seeing different opinions i don't think it was too bad. The game really doesn't have much to do, but it was still fun. I was hoping to see Delilah tho.

I just spotted this game on PS4 and it's looks interesting. Apparently they're working on a fix for the framerate issue. I see one poster has problems and another doesn't. I think I'll take my chances and get it.

Ending Spoiler

So I'm really confused. I made my way to the northern tip of the map and got in a little cart and pulley system and headed north to what I assumed was the rendezvous point. Then it magically puts me in the middle of the map again at Delilah's tower? WTF?

Ending Spoiler

So I'm really confused. I made my way to the northern tip of the map and got in a little cart and pulley system and headed north to what I assumed was the rendezvous point. Then it magically puts me in the middle of the map again at Delilah's tower? WTF?

You're straight, it's just what the game does instead of switching to a new map for nothing.

As for the ending, I'm with minimalist plodding, so I thoroughly enjoyed 90% of the game, backtracking was done well enough through (mostly) conversation. But man, the ending just rattled me. Too abrupt, perhaps more to observe and converse about in D's lookout, for one. I also realize I should have looked into the photos, but I doubt that would have added any weight to my ending.

Last edited:
I would say it's worth the 20$. I was a little unimpressed with the ending but then reading people's thoughts on Reddit I came around and accepted the ending a bit better.

Can you post some links from reddit? I'm tried to find them but got lost along the way.

I enjoyed it. Thought Delilah was a miserable, self centered twat in the end. I thought the "reveal" was quite underwhelming with all the intense build-up.

I did think the ending was kind of weak at first, but after reading about it and seeing different opinions i don't think it was too bad. The game really doesn't have much to do, but it was still fun. I was hoping to see Delilah tho.

You're straight, it's just what the game does instead of switching to a new map for nothing.

As for the ending, I'm with minimalist plodding, so I thoroughly enjoyed 90% of the game, backtracking was done well enough through (mostly) conversation. But man, the ending just rattled me. Too abrupt, perhaps more to observe and converse about in D's lookout, for one. I also realize I should have looked into the photos, but I doubt that would have added any weight to my ending.

Can one of you spoil the game/ending for me please? I'm intrigued but I don't really want to buy the game (no time to play). I mean is the whole basis of the game really just going around and stopping fires? Or is it further built around the watch tower break in culprit?

Can one of you spoil the game/ending for me please? I'm intrigued but I don't really want to buy the game (no time to play). I mean is the whole basis of the game really just going around and stopping fires? Or is it further built around the watch tower break in culprit?

The game isn't about of the things you listed. It's a game that heavily revolves around dialogue and the past of the main characters.

I thought it was an amazing game. I may be a bit biased, but having worked in similar situations as the character you play, I found that it captured the atmosphere and emotions of living and working in such an isolated place almost perfectly. It is by far one of the most authentic feeling games I've ever played.

The pulaski brought a big smile to my face.

Solid game, playing it right now, i love hiking tho so it hits the spot

One of the fires gets out of control and you have to make it to Delilah's (The girl you talk with throughout the game over a walkie talkie but never actually see) tower to catch a helicopter and get out of there. You make it to her tower and she's already gone, but you talk to her one last time over the radio. You then either get on the helicopter and the game ends or you jack around long enough and the helicopter leaves without you.

One of the fires gets out of control and you have to make it to Delilah's (The girl you talk with throughout the game over a walkie talkie but never actually see) tower to catch a helicopter and get out of there. You make it to her tower and she's already gone, but you talk to her one last time over the radio. You then either get on the helicopter and the game ends or you jack around long enough and the helicopter leaves without you.

I see so did she died? Also are any of the items you pick up during the game used for anything? In the gameplay vid the guy picks up a bottle of booze and other stuff

I see so did she died? Also are any of the items you pick up during the game used for anything? In the gameplay vid the guy picks up a bottle of booze and other stuff

No, she just left on another helicopter. You can't really use anything you pick up unless it's essential in progressing the story, like a backpack full of rope you find. You can find things and mention them to Delilah, like beer cans, a turtle, clothing. But they have no real purpose.

Great experience but needed a pay off to feel worth it. It's not like you do much. The days keep jumping ahead and then it's over.

QUESTION: Did we all get the same ending?

I asked her to come meet me in Boulder? and she's all like nah, I'm gonna go call my ex and see what's up or something... I got turned down bigtime. The guy was a bit of a putz and I refused to tell her about my past & my ex and I wonder if my conversation choices altered my ending. I wonder if I said other things if I would've got a booty call.

Back