Firefighters as "Heroes"

Some people in this thread hate themselves so much because their failed lot in society they can't bring themselves to call anyone but themselves a hero.

In their own mind stealing ketchup packets from McDs is a heroic deed and they are slowly hurting the society the deemed his limited skills and pursuits worthy of recognition.

Hell even ripping off public transportation and not paying for simple services are heroic actions in degenerates minds.

In this world if a soldier walks throw the crossfire of three machine gun nests picks up a small child and drags himself back to friendly lines and saves the child at the cost of his own life that soldier is not a hero.

He signed up for the job he was paid to get shot, he never really cared about the child anyway he did it for a medal, he was probably a rapist and a murder the rest of his time in the military as soldiers are nothing but the most brainwashed storm troopers of corporate society and nothing good they do can make up for their evil actions.

That person has serious mental issues. The OP on the other hand is just a troll.

tumblr_nde0iunem91svdxzio1_500.gif

I find OPs threads amusing, but he starts them and leaves. Like he is ashamed?

Or maybe they are like little fires, where he can start them and then watch from a distance and grin at them

There's about 800,000 volunteer firefighters out there so no you didn't fix anything.

These guys are pulling people out wrecked cars on dark highways in the middle of blizzards and people are arguing "but they don't go into enough burning houses" smh

Best thing about being a volunteer is you get to play with the jaws, luckily no one in my area has ever had to use them. We still get to play with it twice a year though. Last time I got to go nuts on an 80's Suburban :icon_chee

Firefighters are very overpaid. But heading into a flaming building is hero shit.

yeah, but not much of that happens in the city. Their primary job is to go to old people's houses and pick up the old man that broke his leg while taking a dump.

#realfirefighters :icon_chee

yeah, but not much of that happens in the city. Their primary job is to go to old people's houses and pick up the old man that broke his leg while taking a dump.

#realfirefighters :icon_chee

1. I grew up in Detroit. I saw firefighters put out a lot of fires. #realfirefighters
2. I understand that most firefighters don't have action packed work weeks. this is why i think they are grossly overpaid. That said, given the need, most of these guys fill the role of hero without a second thought.

Right. I get that. Firemen do this shit for a living and know the best way of doing it. And a wilderness fire is much less predictable and dangerous.

But still, a fireman is risking his life to save people and property.
A fisherman loses his life trying to take in the big catch to make big cash.

The level of risk =/= level of hero.

Take the Soldiers who liberated the death camps. They weren't at risk of being killed by the small garrisons stationed at these camps, but they rescued those poor people dying in there and they are heroes.

well, you can really spin this any way you want:

A fisherman loses his life trying to provide food for YOUR table.......

lol @ the level of risk of firefighters, it's proven that it's way low. To get the job, you pretty much have to win the lottery, not some heroic shit.

1. I grew up in Detroit. I saw firefighters put out a lot of fires. #realfirefighters
2. I understand that most firefighters don't have action packed work weeks. this is why i think they are grossly overpaid. That said, given the need, most of these guys fill the role of hero without a second thought.

you ask 100 men for a fire fighter job, and 99 of them will take it. Low risk, high pay.

ask 100 men to fight the front lines against a ruthless dictator like hitler, and 50/50 at best....

One job is heroic, the other is not. Just sayin.

you ask 100 men for a fire fighter job, and 99 of them will take it. Low risk, high pay.

ask 100 men to fight the front lines against a ruthless dictator like hitler, and 50/50 at best....

One job is heroic, the other is not. Just sayin.

They both have potential for heroism. Why be stubborn about it? I can understand why one would feel that the inherent heroism of having a high paying job with few demands is overstated, but when push comes to shove these guys deliver.

They risk serious injury or death to save people's lives. That is a hero as far as I am concerned. I am a huge fan of seafood, so I consider the men out in the boats fishing heros too. Just at a smaller scale.

At a smaller scale because having seafood is selfish but hearing about people saved from a fire makes me feel good. And isn't selfish.

What happened? Wanted to mix it up from the usual cop hate thread? Next week maybe attack teachers so as to make sure every public employee gets their fill.

The OP sounds like a very bitter person.

Let me guess OP...firefighters aren't real heroes but transgender people are...simply for being transgender. Happy now?

The OP sounds like a very bitter person.

Let me guess OP...firefighters aren't real heroes but transgender people are...simply for being transgender. Happy now?

Bruce Jenner is going to be on the next firemans calendar

Lots of people confusing city firefighters to wildland firefighters. Completely different jobs. Wildland firefighters spend 16+ hours a day at in the woods where sometimes they walked miles up hills with a 45lb pack only to get there, dig line, and have to stay the night.

If they rush into flaming buildings to save folks, then yes, they are.

they don't know when they're going to need to rush into a flaming building. that's why they are not overpaid, in my opinion. the thought that any day could be your last is a burden for all of them. you should know better.

they don't know when they're going to need to rush into a flaming building. that's why they are not overpaid, in my opinion. the thought that any day could be your last is a burden for all of them. you should know better.

I know a lot of firefighters. They don't seem overly burdened. Their job carries significantly less probability of danger than average. No really, it does.

I know a lot of firefighters. They don't seem overly burdened. Their job carries significantly less probability of danger than average. No really, it does.

doesn't matter. the possibility is there. tell that to the families of the firefighters that died on 9/11.

No really it doesn't even in the long term.

Fire fighters had more cancer deaths and cancer cases than expected.

Back