Firefighters as "Heroes"

Jonesisinnocent

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about the wild fires raging through the North West of the United states of America for the past couple of days and it's seems not a day goes by that someone is talking about the "Heroic Firefighters" putting their "lives on the line" and making the "ultimate sacrifice".

gr-pm-fatalities-616.gif

Well it appears that fishermens work is incredibly more dangerous than Fireman, are anybody calling them heroes? Perhaps they should be, risking life and limb to put the freshest seafood on our plates and feed the hungry.

And what about those Firemen that do "make the ultimate sacrifice" and perish in a blaze? Are they heroes or simply incompetent in their position?

To most, fire in it's simplest description is simply the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products. Something to be harnessed and used for selfish reasons such as heat and light. People are forgetting that fire is actually one of Gods cleansing agents to be used at his discretion. Fire fighters are only fighting God's will and deserve no accolades for it. It is no more righteous to fight a fire than light one, they are both sins and both deserve to be punished.

Fireman are dying trying to save people and they houses and businesses. Do you even know what the fuck the word "hero" means?

Fisherman are not saving shit. They are not saving people by giving them fish, I mean, fuck that is the same as saying a person working at McD's serving up shitburgers is a hero if he dies from falling asleep with his head in the deep fryer.

Hero- A hero (masculine or gender-neutral) or heroine (feminine) (Ancient Greek: ἥρως, hḗrōs) is a person or character who, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, displays courage, bravery or self-sacrifice—that is, heroism—for some greater good; a man or woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his/her brave deeds and noble qualities.

How the hell has the OP not met the banhammer yet?

I wish I got paid and called a hero to sleep and play videogames

Never go full retard

I've been reading a lot about the wild fires raging through the North West of the United states of America for the past couple of days and it's seems not a day goes by that someone is talking about the "Heroic Firefighters" putting their "lives on the line" and making the "ultimate sacrifice".

gr-pm-fatalities-616.gif

Well it appears that fishermens work is incredibly more dangerous than Fireman, are anybody calling them heroes? Perhaps they should be, risking life and limb to put the freshest seafood on our plates and feed the hungry.

And what about those Firemen that do "make the ultimate sacrifice" and perish in a blaze? Are they heroes or simply incompetent in their position?

To most, fire in it's simplest description is simply the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products. Something to be harnessed and used for selfish reasons such as heat and light. People are forgetting that fire is actually one of Gods cleansing agents to be used at his discretion. Fire fighters are only fighting God's will and deserve no accolades for it. It is no more righteous to fight a fire than light one, they are both sins and both deserve to be punished.

Firefighters are very overpaid. But heading into a flaming building is hero shit.

I hope if your shits on fire, nobody shows up

I wasn't aware that one needs to be risking very likely death to be called a hero. Is that in the definition of the word now?

i'm not sure if you can compare saving somebody's life by risking yours is the same as risking your life to put fresh seafood on somebody's plate.

i'm not sure if you can compare saving somebody's life by risking yours is the same as risking your life to put fresh seafood on somebody's plate.

Both are just work. And being a fisherman seems to be more dangerous.

Is this a discussion about the most dangerous jobs in the world or are firefighters heroes?

Back