Fire service changes entrance test so it's deliberately harder for whites

Damn you, white men, for running into burning buildings to rescue strangers!

Makes sense, I mean why would you want your life and property in the hands of the best qualified people possible? Seems much more logical to have a more diverse group of first responders even if it means you have a higher chance of dying and your house burning to the ground.

If the people can pass the physical standards then I don't see why there should be any room for complaints.

I don't think that these sorts of projections for female hires are going to be realistic, though, without a decrease of the standards.

Minorities and recent immigrants worry a lot more about economic progression and amassing wealth than the majority. Considering that, I just don't think that being a "fire-fighter" is ever going to be a dream job, let's say, for a guy who has recently moved in from the Middle East. When you run the numbers, it just makes more sense to do something else.

Being a fire-fighter is probably not a job that you're going to do just for the pay, there probably has to be some kind of a motivation beyond just the pay, in order to do that job. A lot of easier, more easily available jobs out there which provide similar or even better pay, without having to rush into flaming buildings.
Snow flake, I will act like I care about the career ambitions and goals some foreigner came to this country to pursue. No the guy wouldn't risk his own life run into a burning building to save lives, he would just send a little kid into the burning building instead.

I'm going to guess your job doesn't involve anything that requires or demands strength/fitness of any kind.
Irrelevant. Recruitment based on anything other than performance is a race to the bottom of at least towards mediocrity. Applies to everything from immigration to first responders. You quoted a caricature of a human being.

They're not "reliable" sources exactly, but still more reliable than "sputnik news" or whatever.

Nothing indicates that the stories themselves are fake.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49663380
https://www.nationalfirechiefs.org....-diversity-of-fire-and-rescue-services/209702

I'll save you future embarrassment and ignorance. The Sun, Metro and above all the Daily Mail are all tabloid papers. They're are as unreliable as they get as their reporting aims on getting clicks from ridiculous headlines and junk content. They also conduct zero on field research and are known for spreading misinformation. The Sun are known for lying about a tragedy that killed 96 football fans for example, just for the sake of sales. Daily Mail are banned from Wikipedia in sourcing information.

Now when you were to take reliable sources it paints a drastically different picture now doesn't it?
Nowhere does it mention "kick out white men", nowhere at all. The one with the mascots wants a more inclusive individual representing them.

Now regarding the make up of the force this what was said by chief minister himself,
The Police and Fire Minister, Nick Hurd, said:
“Forget what you see on TV - being a firefighter is not always about carrying people out of burning buildings. As fires have become less common, the role is becoming more about engaging with communities and doing work to prevent fires from happening in the first place.

“So if you care about your community and enjoy connecting with people, then give a taster day a go.

There you go. It's best to take his informed judgement. According to him the profession no longer requires the physical constraints put on them in modern times. We have far better safety and preventive measures save for the one off incidents which no one could help. Those constraints are unnecessarily preventing people from joining the force. We should always be encouraging people to join. Lifting them would ensure better employment, less strain in times of crises as more people are available, more free time for fighters as they can now cycle shifts between more people. And above all people will be serving those from their own communities whom they'll be best informed about and can connect with. In times of trouble those things can be most important as you can rely on people you can trust and know well.

I see nothing wrong with this. People here are making it out to be as if only white men are capable of doing these jobs. There will be minority men and women doing them for their own communities. I live in a white area with most policing done by whites, maybe that's how the locals want it.

I'll commend you on actually using proper sources though.
Unlike the peanut brained @squeezewax using a fake news Russian source.

I always wonder why most fire fighters I've seen or met where Caucasian.

I'm sure minorities apply as well.

The west coast fire depts are already woke. Any person of diversity that applies gets fast tracked in and put on specialty teams (like heavy rescue) or on a truck (more physical work then engine).

I heard a story of one fire departments senior HR person telling a fire lieutenant that “the problem with the fire service is the fire culture”

He replied “well..... we are a fire department”

HR person backtracked with “ I meant the culture of all the white men”

Nice.

I know my company had made similar efforts to recruit women, they want 50% of all new hires to be women so that we reach 40% of staff being female.

In the last few years I have seen the amount of women around the offices probably double.

We also have a mandate to hire indigenous people as well.
Sounds like you really have a tough life.

So you're not going to do anything, yeah?
I've stopped voting for liberal parties, which I'd previously done all my life, and won't ever again until they move away from being blatantly misandrist and anti-white.

Lots of working class people feel the same. I saw a woman applauded on question time for stating a panelist couldn't have an opinion on something because they were a white male. Can you imagine a statement like that about and other race or gender being applauded?

Until the left cut this cancer out, they'll continue to get trounced at elections, and they've no one to blame but themselves. The fact that Labour couldn't beat the Tories, who've been absolutely appalling to working people for the last ten years, speaks volumes.

The last thing I would want is to be a diversity hire instead of actually earning my spot by being one of the best, but from the lack of minorities and women speaking up about how these programs are wrong, I guess a lot of these people don’t mind everybody looking at them and wondering - diversity hire or did they actually earn it?
I dunno, you sound pretty excited about the opportunity to question the competency of non-whites based on this story.

Nothing says “you’re not as good as them” like dropping the standards for a certain group(s)

Hey... they’re arent enough Asians in the NBA, so everytime Nguyen goes for a layup the hoop drops to 8ft :)
Actually if you weren't extremely dumb in the head, would realize that people of other races actually get a great boost in the NBA. Why? Because...
wait for it...
...diversity is profitable!

There have been fringe players from a shitload of atraditional countries as the NBA tries to attract more fans.
They've tried guys from Iran, India, China, Japan, Mexico, Germany and so on and so forth.
They weren't fake basketball players, but each got a shot in the NBA because their narrative was more compelling and profitable to the league than a generic end of bench warmer from America.

I like how nobody has mentioned how the OP's title is a ridiculous rephrasing.
"deliberately harder for white people" rofl.
Yeah cause you didn't just deliberately twist that around like a whiny little victim player.
Entrance exam stays the same; no whites were targeted. Every white had the same requirements to join as they did the day before this started.

But hey, OP is clearly very hurt and persecuted now, which is why this thread was started. Everyone let's chip in for the GoFundMe.

Also let's totally ignore that "Sputnik News" is totally not trying to stir up racial right wing nationalists by reporting on a firefighter quiz in some obscure British County.
God what a special herd of retards these stories embolden.

This is such great news.

I know I don't really care whether a firefighter is physically capable to perform their duties, what is really important is ethnicity and genitalia.

This progressiveness is wonderful, it makes me feel good about myself. Diversity is such a blessing.
Equal outcome is madness. It really can't be skewed too much without destroying the entire system.
The UK even with Brexit is doomed by rabid liberalism. It's like if the only parties were the Democrats and the extreme left democrats

I like how nobody has mentioned how the OP's title is a ridiculous rephrasing.
"deliberately harder for white people" rofl.
Yeah cause you didn't just deliberately twist that around like a whiny little victim player.
Entrance exam stays the same; no whites were targeted. Every white had the same requirements to join as they did the day before this started.

But hey, OP is clearly very hurt and persecuted now, which is why this thread was started. Everyone let's chip in for the GoFundMe.

Also let's totally ignore that "Sputnik News" is totally not trying to stir up racial right wing nationalists by reporting on a firefighter quiz in some obscure British County.
God what a special herd of retards these stories embolden.
No. You're a fool. You are defending something that uses quotas and will basically purposely change the goal posts to ensure POC will pass over more qualified whites. But I guess you don't care because anything to stop muh privilege, Huh?

All this ignorant ass bitching. All this ignorant ass moaning.

Not a one of you classless rubes bring a single pun to bear........

No. You're a fool. You are defending something that uses quotas and will basically purposely change the goal posts to ensure POC will pass over more qualified whites. But I guess you don't care because anything to stop muh privilege, Huh?
Do I need to repeat myself? the entrance standards for whites did not change. The entrance exam did not change.
The OP's title states it was made harder for whites.

You can cry concurrently all you want about the concessions made for others, but my point is true. But I guess you don't care because you're an idiot, Huh?

Do I need to repeat myself? the entrance standards for whites did not change. The entrance exam did not change.

You can cry concurrently all you want about the concessions made for others, but my point is true. But I guess you don't care because you're an idiot, Huh?
No, no need to repeat your idiocy. Quotas by definition make it harder for those they discriminate against. But that's besides the point. Oh wait not that's the actual point. But that doesn't matter because it goes against your narrative.
BTW when I applied to jobs in the US I checked Hispanic as it drastically helped my chances. As it did my older brother who qualified for internships that his white peers were denied. Quotas are dumb and racist which is what the left seems to haven fallen in love with.

The standards didn’t change for whites.
They lowered the standards for non-whites.

That’s the point you missed in my sarcastic analogy about Asians in the NBA. That wasn’t analogous to the NBA simply recruiting players from other demographics. Instead this would be the equivalent of a hydraulic backboard that dropped from 10ft to 8ft every time a Jew went for a layup because diversity trumps merit.

But hey- make sure you don’t forget to insult me and the others again when you respond. Tell us again how dumb we are. This helps to remind the group that you’re not only like super duper smart, but weapons-grade witty too. ;)

Back