Fire service changes entrance test so it's deliberately harder for whites

WHO are the fascists again?

Open discrimination against white men. Plain and fuckin simple.

Well it isn't the best solution, its a knee jerk reaction to a long history of sexism and racial discrimination . Hopefully they find a better way of diversifying the profession while maintaining higher standards.

West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service wants 60% of new recruits to be women, and 35% to be from black and minority ethnic groups by 2021.

The idea that a person's value to an organization is conditional on how how many people who "look like" (to use a modish progressive phrase) him or her are part of the organization is totally irrational and bigoted.

The self proclaimed anti meat and dairy vegan with preferred pronouns from Toronto who openly advocates for racial discrimination. You are a walking Woke bingo card.

there may be some good arguments in favor of graded testing, but what is the trade-off. What is the net effect?

The self proclaimed anti meat and dairy vegan with preferred pronouns from Toronto who openly advocates for racial discrimination. You are a walking Woke bingo card.

Eat my dust.

Discrimination based on race is always wrong. Anyone who says otherwise is by definition a racist.

it's been the opposite here in NY for the longest - I forget but there's been a steady streak of action put forth to keep minorities, particularly black folks from joining the FDNY.

anyway, quick story. my neighbors/family friends since childhood - their oldest son joined the FDNY, & I remember him wearing a jacket, with 'FDNY' in bolded caps across his back. except he's so fat that the 'D' was stretched out into an "O". I looked at him & said "FONY? you're a FONY"? haha he looked at me with this salt of rage. to this day, he still gives me that same motherfucking look hahaha

It makes sense since everybody with a brain knows that melanin is a natural fire retardant and women have a higher pain threshold than men.

<TheDonald>

it's been the opposite here in NY for the longest - I forget but there's been a steady streak of action put forth to keep minorities, particularly black folks from joining the FDNY.

I'm very curious to know what actions have been put forth to keep minorities from joining the FDNY. Or are you saying that the standardized testing for all applicants is discriminatory against minorities?

Typical progressives, let’s get rid of discrimination by discriminating against people.

The last thing I would want is to be a diversity hire instead of actually earning my spot by being one of the best, but from the lack of minorities and women speaking up about how these programs are wrong, I guess a lot of these people don’t mind everybody looking at them and wondering - diversity hire or did they actually earn it?

Nothing says “you’re not as good as them” like dropping the standards for a certain group(s)

Hey... they’re arent enough Asians in the NBA, so everytime Nguyen goes for a layup the hoop drops to 8ft :)

I'm very curious to know what actions have been put forth to keep minorities from joining the FDNY. Or are you saying that the standardized testing for all applicants is discriminatory against minorities?

I just did a quick google search but it has always been a mainstay in the local news for as long as I can remember.

I personally "cut the cable" long ago so I don't bother with any MSM or local news at all anymore, for the most part.

https://www.cssny.org/news/entry/ye...suit-fdny-still-synonymous-with-racism-and-ne

Expect more shit like this to go down if that's how they choose to go on about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenfell_Tower_fire

You should link to the original sources rather than click-bait sites which run stories from other sites, just so that people won't dismiss the story outright.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/28/fire...e-test-deliberately-harder-white-men-8402291/

It's old news at this point anyway.

There's been plenty of stupid shit since:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9903284/fire-chiefs-ban-fireman-sam-diversity/
https://www.voice-online.co.uk/news...at-racism-played-factor-in-grenfell-response/

Metro and the Sun, those are some highly reliable sources you got there lad.

they’re arent enough Asians in the NBA,

The fetish for diversity is entirely one-sided. Never have I heard one of the people who complains about 'not enough' women or blacks in a certain field complain about how 'overrepresented' blacks are in the NFL and NBA. Nor have I in all my years of watching the NBA said, "You know, there aren't nearly enough white people in the league. Teams should look more like America." Hell, I wanted the Cavaliers to bench Kevin Love in the 15-16 Finals.

Honestly... I dig this idea.

Great way to get low income people into civil service.

Soon as they pass, you station their asses in their own community.

They can OJT the rest of that shit.

I can understand why some of you see this as a bad thing tho.
Poor people deserve to be firefighters just like white people?

What better field to lower standards for entry than one where lives are in the balance on a regular basis? Makes perfect sense to me. Better to have a few more dead citizens than too many White Males in the workforce.

JFC at 60% of new recruits being women. Unless it's Gabby Garcia, Cris Cyborg, etc. women have no business being in a field where strength is such a large requirement. Hiring people that tick a box vs hiring people with the appropriate qualifications shouldn't even debatable in such a dangerous profession where you're responsible for saving other's lives.

Back