Firas Zahabi - Warrior Philosphy

Interesting thank you.
However he keeps on saying " Socrates said this, Plato said this", but who says that they are right? That doesn't prove anything. And how do you know that there weren't other people with better ideas?
Well enlighten us with hard facts showing your points are right. If you have none what is your point?

GSP, Rory, Thompson, real scrubs. A karate guy who thought he could not hack it in the UFC just stuffed Hendricks' takedowns and is in line for a Title Shot maybe.

Lawler is gonna make Wonderboy his Bethe.

Interesting thank you.
However he keeps on saying " Socrates said this, Plato said this", but who says that they are right? That doesn't prove anything. And how do you know that there weren't other people with better ideas?

That's why it's good to filter everything you hear no matter the source, and see if it's practical and makes sense -- think for yourself. I suspect he's taken the good / relevant from what he's studied in, and since he's studied in philosophy those names are going to be dropped. Of course, I don't know the guy but it seems like that's the case.

Last edited:
And they were right - Robbie did make Hendricks his Bethe.

Robbie loves himself some Bethes.
I mean Hendricks would do that to Thompson. Everything is better with a Bethe.
VelvetyBelatedBellsnake.gif

Well enlighten us with hard facts showing your points are right. If you have none what is your point?
I don't say that what he is referring to is wrong. However referring to other (great) thinkers is often an easy way to sound like an intellectual.

I don't say that what he is referring to is wrong. However referring to other (great) thinkers is often an easy way to sound like an intellectual.
And if he had no accomplishments that would be evidence supporting it. GSP, Rory, Thompson to name a few. He clearly is not a fraud, he knows his stuff.

And if he had no accomplishments that would be evidence supporting it. GSP, Rory, Thompson to name a few. He clearly is not a fraud, he knows his stuff.

Yes of course he has accomplished a lot and that proves he knows a lot about MMA. However he was also talking about political science for example and was mainly using arguments from authority, which I was referring to.

Yes of course he has accomplished a lot and that proves he knows a lot about MMA. However he was also talking about political science for example and was mainly using arguments from authority, which I was referring to.
As long as what he is doing is working I don't care what logical fallacies he commits, because, it's working.

Tri Star and GSP are a huge part of why Thompson started MMA, and why he has been so successful. Firas is proven.
Im not questioning his legitimacy at all. I just responding to someone who said that he was kind of a stuck up guy. I dont even know if he islike that because i never met him. When it comes to mma i could care less if you are nice or not. He is legit and knows his shit for sure, dont know about his personality though.

That's a weird way to look at it. These are conclusions he has come to that have been influenced by the famous thinkers he is referencing. He is simply giving them credit instead of passing the ideas off as uniquely his own. You act is if giving credit to others is more pretentious than plagiarizing their ideas, which is completely backwards.

I had already watched it, and I recommand it to anyone, even if you don't train. It has some gems in it. I love this dude.

That's a weird way to look at it. These are conclusions he has come to that have been influenced by the famous thinkers he is referencing. He is simply giving them credit instead of passing the ideas off as uniquely his own. You act is if giving credit to others is more pretentious than plagiarizing their ideas, which is completely backwards.

I was about to say the same thing. It's like saying that giving reference in when writing an article is a way of sounding intelligent. I'd rather he say Socrates said than he say ; You know yesterday I was in the gym and I came up with this very intelligent though : ''...''

Oh and to the guy who said he's a noob in MMA because he's not a pro fighter, I heard he regularly spars with UFC fighters and thinks that : if you're not better than your students, what are you going to teach them ?
Not that I completely agree with this though...

Back