Firas Zahabi - Warrior Philosphy

deviake

Otsego Amigo
@Silver
Reaction score

I'm almost 15 minutes in and it's good stuff so far. I didn't find it posted, but if it was, oh well.

Alway interested in what Firas has to say will watch later when i have the time .
Thanks for the post

Firas has a great analytical mind, his fight breakdown videos on youtube are always awesome. Will check this out later thanks TS

This guy talks so much pseudo warrior philosophy, how come he never made it into the UFC? Easier to say a bunch of stuff and sound cool and intelligent, a lot harder to actually put that talk into performance and become an elite fighter for real. This is the same deal all all these motivational/self help gurus - people who can't do it themselves who had to prey on the mentally weak by giving them false help. You know what they say: those who can't, teach.

I bought into one of these ponzi schemes myself, a motivational coach called Eric Thomas whom Anthony Pettis is affiliated to (that shows you how ineffective he is), ended up worse off and had to divorce the bitch who got me into it.

You know what they say: those who can't, teach.
Which is really stupid because many greats go on to teach. It's also stupid because being a fighter and being a teacher are separate skills. If you think Firas has no clue what he is talking about ... that is pure silliness.

yeah, trained at tristar a bit, found him to be snobby

edit: this is like 8-10 years ago also, can't quite remember how long
Well....he might be even worse now lol. His name and his gym stock went up a lot after gsp's run so he might be even more stuck up if anything.

Which is really stupid because many greats go on to teach. It's also stupid because being a fighter and being a teacher are separate skills. If you think Firas has no clue what he is talking about ... that is pure silliness.

Not really, the vast majority of greats in any fields are horrible teachers. What percentage of top college coaches were top athletes in their prime? Which one of the top MMA coaches were champions? You think Albert Einstein makes for a good physics teacher? He'd be one of the worse teachers you ever had, you wouldn't understand a thing he's talking about unless if you're a genius, and to him we're all retarded. I'm not saying exceptions do not exist, but teaching is generally reserved for people who are unable to achieve greatness themselves.

It's just not convincing to hear someone who never achieved greatness himself talk a big game. It's like a motivational speaker talking about the keys to success, no thanks, I'd rather hear it directly from people who are actually successful.

You think Albert Einstein makes for a good physics teacher? He'd be one of the worse teachers you ever had, you wouldn't understand a thing he's talking about unless if you're a genius, and to him we're all retarded.

Einstein taught at Princeton University in NJ.

Einstein taught at Princeton University in NJ.

Yes, and UFC champions have coached at top gyms. Doesn't mean they're any good at it. Teaching is part of the tenure package, you have to do it.

Not really, the vast majority of greats in any fields are horrible teachers.
That right there supported my post. Doing and teaching are separate skills. Being able to teach does not mean you can not do. It means you can teach. You can't teach unless you know the subject though, so great teachers need to know the subject AND have the skill to teach it.

This guy talks so much pseudo warrior philosophy, how come he never made it into the UFC? Easier to say a bunch of stuff and sound cool and intelligent, a lot harder to actually put that talk into performance and become an elite fighter for real. This is the same deal all all these motivational/self help gurus - people who can't do it themselves who had to prey on the mentally weak by giving them false help. You know what they say: those who can't, teach.

I bought into one of these ponzi schemes myself, a motivational coach called Eric Thomas whom Anthony Pettis is affiliated to (that shows you how ineffective he is), ended up worse off and had to divorce the bitch who got me into it.

Are GSP and Rory McDonald mentally weak?

I don't know why he quit fighting, but I think he did well in Muay Thai and Jiu-Jitsu.

I didn't read as far into it as you, I just think he has some interesting takes on life, philosophy, and martial arts / fighting.

Well....he might be even worse now lol. His name and his gym stock went up a lot after gsp's run so he might be even more stuck up if anything.
Tri Star and GSP are a huge part of why Thompson started MMA, and why he has been so successful. Firas is proven.

Are GSP and Rory McDonald mentally weak?

I don't know why he quit fighting, but I think he did well in Muay Thai and Jiu-Jitsu.

I didn't read as far into it as you, I just think he has some interesting takes on life, philosophy, and martial arts / fighting.
Stephen Thompson is too. Firas can't train the elite ...

I had heard he actually was a good fighter, he just realized he was a better trainer.

Stephen Thompson is too. Firas can't train the elite ...

I had heard he actually was a good fighter, he just realized he was a better trainer.

Oh, yeah, how in the hell did I not mention him?? Haha.

That is my understanding as well. As far as I know he didn't quit fighting because he wasn't good at it, and in any case, that gym he's running seems pretty successful to me.

Oh, yeah, how in the hell did I not mention him?? Haha.

That is my understanding as well. As far as I know he didn't quit fighting because he wasn't good at it, and in any case, that gym he's running seems pretty successful to me.
GSP, Rory, Thompson, real scrubs. A karate guy who thought he could not hack it in the UFC just stuffed Hendricks' takedowns and is in line for a Title Shot maybe.

Interesting thank you.
However he keeps on saying " Socrates said this, Plato said this", but who says that they are right? That doesn't prove anything. And how do you know that there weren't other people with better ideas?

Back