Firas Zahabi and Ray Longo on 'Teammates Fighting Teammates'

antonivitz

White Belt
Reaction score
Firas Zahabi's (Tristar Coach) + Ray Longo's Opinion on 'Teammates Fighting Teammates':

Do you guys agree with Firas Zahabi (Tristar MMA) ideas on 'Teammates Fighting Teammates'?

A lot of people tell me 'it's just a sport'. It's not just a sport. You literally wouldn't fight your Mom, you literally wouldn't fight your Dad. There's a reason for it. It's more than just a sport.

Firas and Ray Longo's complete thoughts on 'Teammates fighting Teammates' in Top Team Authority's video below.

[YT]5UkeSvVNI1U[/YT]

Last edited:
If nothing at all in this life was sacred, it would all just be film footage

Respect what FZ has to say. Don't give a shit what Longo has to say. I still agree with both on teammates fighting each other.

Most guys travel to different gyms and the frequency it happens is at an all time high. Unless you are at one of the 2 or 3 major camps (large enough to provide all of your training and you make no effort to train everywhere else) you really don't have "teammates" that could possibly be compared to your mother and father as Firas puts it.

Lol at saying "You wouldn't fight your mom or dad". Really? You're taking it that far that fast?

just raise the pay check and they will fight each other, but besides that if you train with someone all the time its definitely weird..

Career long team mates should not fight. Those that jump from camp to camp are exempt

Lol at saying "You wouldn't fight your mom or dad". Really? You're taking it that far that fast?

you guys take things way to literally. The core message firas is trying to put out there is that a fight is a fight. Yeah its a sport, but like he said it is MORE than that.

i mean if its your teammate, a friend, your brother and you dont wanna fight when youre trying to reach the top of the division , ok (ofc aside ATT who has like 10 people on the top 5 of the WW division and stuff like that)

but when the champion is your friend teammate brother w/e and one of them doesnt want to fight, or both, theyre just pussing out and i will always hate on it. not necessarily hate but at least dislike it

"Literally"...

I wouldn't fight a teammate just for logistical reasons. If I'm gunna fight a guy, I'm obviously not going to train with him, nor in the same gym where he can see wha I'm doing. That means one of us has to leave the gym we've both been training at and (I assume) achieving some level of success through. I wouldn't want to disrupt that.

i'd fight my own son if it meant making a few extra bucks

Back