Firas: Fedor - one of the best Judo practitioners ever to practice MMA

His speed was his best attribute imo. He is actually still pretty fast even at his old age.
His chin unfortunately is gone though.

Speed and reaction time IMO. Both Big Nog and Pedro Rizzo were asked while Fedor was in his prime what sets him apart from everyone else and both said something along the lines of fast eyes.

Another knobslobbery thread about Fedor from JustOnce . . .

wh7a_T.gif

regards to his takedowns.

One of many reasons why Fedor is the greatest of all time.

According to Fedor, he was number 3 in Russia national team behind these two guys: Tamerlan Tmenov, eventual silver and bronze olympic medalist, two time silver and two time bronze world championship winner, and Alexander Mikhaylin, eventual three time world championship winner and two bronze, and silver olympic medalist. And between Tmenov and Mikhaylins, they have 13 European gold medals.

Personally, I was and not and probably will not be sold on Combat Sambo. Yes there have been Fedor and Khabib, but yeah. If you have been around while Fedor was killing people, combat sambo competition level seemed questionable, and if you look at guys like Krill being multiple time combat sambo world champion, it makes you wonder. Personally, Fedor's Judo is a lot lot more impressive to me than whatever he did in combat sambo.

It's funny though but totally in line with Fedor's behaviours that Fedor try to brand himself as only Sambo guy. Many years ago when Yoshida was retiring, he mentioned about having a Judo match, exhibition, with Fedor, and he gifted him special gi, and Fedor said he was a Sambo guy, not a Judo guy, and I think politely declined.

giphy.gif

VagueEthicalBedlingtonterrier-small.gif

"He's the michael jordan of cat like reflexes, joe"

regards to his takedowns.

One of many reasons why Fedor is the greatest of all time.

According to Fedor, he was number 3 in Russia national team behind these two guys: Tamerlan Tmenov, eventual silver and bronze olympic medalist, two time silver and two time bronze world championship winner, and Alexander Mikhaylin, eventual three time world championship winner and two bronze, and silver olympic medalist. And between Tmenov and Mikhaylins, they have 13 European gold medals.

Personally, I was and not and probably will not be sold on Combat Sambo. Yes there have been Fedor and Khabib, but yeah. If you have been around while Fedor was killing people, combat sambo competition level seemed questionable, and if you look at guys like Krill being multiple time combat sambo world champion, it makes you wonder. Personally, Fedor's Judo is a lot lot more impressive to me than whatever he did in combat sambo.

It's funny though but totally in line with Fedor's behaviours that Fedor try to brand himself as only Sambo guy. Many years ago when Yoshida was retiring, he mentioned about having a Judo match, exhibition, with Fedor, and he gifted him special gi, and Fedor said he was a Sambo guy, not a Judo guy, and I think politely declined.

giphy.gif

VagueEthicalBedlingtonterrier-small.gif

what he did to chael was just pure awesome. judo sambo type guys are like cats

Thank you TS.

I also believe Fedor was an excelent juduka. The way he reversed Naoya Ogawa TD and subbed him in the following seconds was spectacular.

2002 -2010 world statistics

"who is the best fighter of all time?"

99.3 % Fighters - Fedor!

Is pure judo that great for MMA?
Akiyama was the best but he usually got stuck in sloppy brawls.

Back