Firas: Conor is a bully fighter - gassed to Diaz due to psychological issues

Conor believed too much in his punching power and didn't have enough faith in nates chin

They both do things better than the other. I think Nate's standup is high volume, but lacks aggresion and power. On any given night, one of these men could defeat the other. That is the beauty of fghting.

Getting discouraged can be really bad for you in the middle of a fight, especially when your opponent is suddenly turning on the pressure when you were banking on him being KO'd by now.

It made Conor quit immediately.

I thought he had a lot more heart than that tbh, I didn't expect him to get discouraged and broken so easily.

Sure he was discouraged, but I think his cardio issues were more physical than psychological. He blew his load trying to finish and started getting his ass whupped, that's what made him gas.

why? people could easily take that as an insult and instantly jump to the defense of Conor.... Im at least willing to listen to the entire video and get proper context. Firas is just making an analogy with the "bully" line. But havent found anything he said so far that I disagree with

You know you my Scottish ninja, but you'd defend Conor if he was seriel killer.

I thought about this quote Firas has said and i dont think he is wrong. Its the first time Conor has been in this experience. I believe being a bully isnt the story of him though. Its possible he can adapt over time to deal with a situation like this now that he has found himself here.

And about Conor vs Diaz the first fight, there was nothing remotely close to LUCK as Conor said in the video.... Conor prepared for a 5 round title fight and was on the best shape he could´ve been, no excuses... Nate was on vacation drinking tequila.... Conor gave everything he had to give and it simply wasn´t enough to beat Diaz, there was no luck in that fight AT ALL. Nate weathered the early storm and then started to pick Conor apart little by little, and he didn´t even need much, only half a round, that was pathetic.... there was absolutely no luck in that...

"you better hope you get that KO, or it's gonna be a fucked up night for you.".

Then Conor tries his best for the KO, doesn't get it, and it did indeed become a fucked up night for him.

Conor didn't gas until he got rocked.

Lmao is your quote something somebody said about Ronda?
2E5C005B00000578-0-image-a-64_1447285814124.jpg

The guy has a point.

Say what you will but it wasn't the boxing or jiu jitsu.

Conor whacked Nate a fair bit in that fight. Not to mention the sweep which was actually pretty sweet.

I've had the feeling of supreme confidence in fights before (boxing) and get tagged a few good times and have a flushing anxiety, and lost rounds and fights because of it. Never was anywhere near Conor's level but it seemed like he got flushed with anxiety around the time that clean slap landed and it will really zap you.

The guy has a point.

Say what you will but it wasn't the boxing or jiu jitsu.

Conor whacked Nate a fair bit in that fight. Not to mention the sweep which was actually pretty sweet.

Right. That should have been enough to put most people out,regardless of them being 155ers or not. Nate is just made of different stuff. Conor was used to people folding from what he did to nate and it wasnt,and that shattered him.

Did I read that right? Inferior boxing?
So inferior boxing leads to losing.
A huge part of boxing is rolling with the punches and then landing.
It's always a highlight when it's one.
Lets keep in mind this isn't boxing, it's mma there are so many factors that matter.

Theres merit to it 100%.

Alot of frontrunners tend to gas when their opponents survive early and they have to deal with adversity. Thats not a coincidence im pretty sure confidence and cardio are related.

Vitor, Crumble, Erick Silva, BJ Penn, Overeem, Guillard, Sokoudjo, Lombard, Paul Harris, Honda, Carwin etc.

You notice a guy like Crumble never had a problem with his gastank against Davis even tho it went 3 rounds b/c he was dominating and never had to deal with adversity. He gasses immediately in the other fights where hes had to deal with adversity like Cormier, Kos, Arlovski, Clementi etc.

Stop stalling. So mental fatigue doesn't exist is what you're saying?

Stalling? Mental fatigue wasn't the reason why he gassed, only a nut hugging neophyte would buy that nonsense Mcgregor and Kav have been selling. He gassed because he blew his load in the first and started getting it put on him back in the second. The clinch battle along the cage along with Nate's punches and knees drained his load faster than 2 gay guys in a hot tub.

Back