finishing the bodylock from over under

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Iv seen sean sherk teach this i see it in fights happen alot as well curious how any of you mma guys or wrestlers feel about it.

iv never really tried to i feel as long as i punch the hell out of his underhook arm t where he cant get space and he isnt very strong or has a wrestling background that it can be useful but curious on your input.

Iv seen sean sherk teach this i see it in fights happen alot as well curious how any of you mma guys or wrestlers feel about it.

iv never really tried to i feel as long as i punch the hell out of his underhook arm t where he cant get space and he isnt very strong or has a wrestling background that it can be useful but curious on your input.
Is the arm trapped or not

yes i dont think it could work at all unless u trapped the underhook tbh theyd be able to get space by lifting their underhooks
If you have a tight body lock with their arm trapped you should always score the takedown

i haven't tried it yet tbh i always felt i need double unders to have enough control to crank the guys spine to get them down. always felt with there underhook from over under that they can get space unless i can smash there underhook

i haven't tried it yet tbh i always felt i need double unders to have enough control to crank the guys spine to get them down. always felt with there underhook from over under that they can get space unless i can smash there underhook
  1. *their, come on man, I told you I'm a teacher lol
  2. Actually try the technique.. otherwise it is a partially uninformed opinion
  3. If you get a bodylock from over-under, not just "hands locked" that means you have their arm trapped.. NOT that they have a good underhook.
  4. If their arm is trapped inside your body lock, you have so many easy to high amplitude ways to finish
  5. The hard part is getting to the body lock vs. locking your hands
  6. Actually try it out in sparring

1. *their, come on man, I told you I'm a teacher lol
  2. Actually try the technique.. otherwise it is a partially uninformed opinion
  3. If you get a bodylock from over-under, not just "hands locked" that means you have their arm trapped.. NOT that they have a good underhook.
  4. If their arm is trapped inside your body lock, you have so many easy to high amplitude ways to finish
  5. The hard part is getting to the body lock vs. locking your hands
  6. Actually try it out in sparring
where do you prefer to lock it at? theirs 2 schools of thought iv been shown some guys like to lock right on the hip bone some like to lock in the middle

where do you prefer to lock it at? theirs 2 schools of thought iv been shown some guys like to lock right on the hip bone some like to lock in the middle
Either, I care about trapping the arm @Dirty Holt will know better but for me getting the arm trapped eliminated the issues unless they had the Metzger that could work anywhere

i notice in mma a lot of guys who do bodylocks dont finish it like its typically shown. they just try to muscle the guy down driving one way. i have never seen anyone really have any real technical details on it. the bjj way is good for self defense but id not use that style vs a goods grappler

i notice in mma a lot of guys who do bodylocks dont finish it like its typically shown. they just try to muscle the guy down driving one way. i have never seen anyone really have any real technical details on it. the bjj way is good for self defense but id not use that style vs a goods grappler
Are you actually sparring and trying it out

im going to tomorro
Are you actually sparring and trying it out
w i dont like to try to do things that only work on beginners though so was curious if it works at a good level as well. tbh at the gym im currently at the best guy is a purple belt. its a bunch of blues and whites who i could do anything to to take them down due to lack of there technique and experience.

not trying to be cocky but its hard its hard to set things up at times vs guys who spazz like crazy when doing takedowns the main coach only shows them 2 techniques a basic hip throw and a double leg thats the full extent of what they do so thats why i ask stuff here cause due t where im at atm cant really advance far

im going to tomorro

w i dont like to try to do things that only work on beginners though so was curious if it works at a good level as well. tbh at the gym im currently at the best guy is a purple belt. its a bunch of blues and whites who i could do anything to to take them down due to lack of there technique and experience.

not trying to be cocky but its hard its hard to set things up at times vs guys who spazz like crazy when doing takedowns the main coach only shows them 2 techniques a basic hip throw and a double leg thats the full extent of what they do so thats why i ask stuff here cause due t where im at atm cant really advance far
You see it work on film

If you want to be teacher you need to spend less time on sherdog. Didn't you just start a full-time teaching job? LOL. Good luck with that. You won't get tenure but your post count will be high.
It starts in two weeks, I don't get on during work, unless it's a job like my summer gig with breaks between stuff. Too busy while teaching, to be honest it doesn't require that much time on Sherdog to keep up now a days anyway. On a somewhat related note, bleepity bleep bleep tenure, don't even know if the district I'm going to has tenure, don't really care if it does.

And your assumption I'd be bad at my job partly because I made a joke about grammar is amusing. I will admit that my almost freakish patience with kids, is non-existent with adults, which sometimes shows on here. Though I do find it interesting people almost always insult me instead of actually addressing my points, but that's the internet

You know i've noticed you've made several similar sorts of threads like this in the past over time, each time asking the same similar sort of question (about over-unders), and each time you've got the same people, giving you the same answers to the same questions, posting the same video examples; sure enough some time later, there's the same thread again.

Last edited:
You know i've noticed you've made several similar sorts of threads like this in the past over time, each time asking a same similar sort of question (about over-unders), and each time you've got the same people, giving you the same answers to the same questions, posting the same video examples; sure enough some time later, there's the same thread again.
lol there is more than 1 technique from over under i asked about other techniques from over under i asked about finishing body locks from it as i seen some people do it but never seen it actually taught

Go for the Polish step-around/Polish throw, it looks more exciting :p

Back