1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Find a Bellator PPV Bar

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by jamesgalb, May 11, 2014.

1. jamesgalb

jamesgalb Green Belt

I know that many people are no longer going to be purchasing to PPV, so I would encourage many to avoid streaming the fight and instead help support your local sports bar by showing up and having a couple beers with other MMA fans (and likely a more knowledgable crowd than a typical UFC crowd).

Bar Finder/Locator
    http://ggboxing.com/see-it-live

These are bars that regularly use GG Boxing to run their Boxing and non-UFC PPV events. This is not just a list of random sports bars as they all have a history buying MMA and Boxing PPVs.

Call ahead to find out. Of the 15 listed in Tampa, 7 are playing here, so around 50% here.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. Mikedh

Mikedh Silver Belt

Wow, the place near me in Brooklyn that shows all the UFC/Mayweather/Manny fights is picking it up. Would love to watch with a crowd but I think I might legit order it so I can switch back and forth between HBO.

3. emperor

emperor Red Belt

"For your convenience, here is a list of venues that regularly televise boxing and MMA events. Please enter your city or zip code to find places showing the fight near you. We encourage you to contact them directly to confirm that they will be airing the event(s) you are interested in."

Be careful. This is NOT a list of bars hosting the Bellator PPV; it's a list of bars that sometimes show boxing or MMA events. Make sure you check ahead or you might be SOL.

4. Mikedh

Mikedh Silver Belt

^

Thanks for catching that.

5. acewayne

acewayne Green Belt

Yeah... I was probably going to purchase it before Eddie got injured. Now... its up in the air if I'll go to a bar and watch it or just look at the results.

6. emperor

emperor Red Belt

I found this about a week ago and asked a few of the bars listed in my area if they were showing the Bellator PPV. Two had never heard of it and one flat out said no.

So call ahead!

7. Wrestler160

Wrestler160 Purple Belt

Anybody in the Vegas area know if they'll be showing this at any of the places on the Strip? Going to Vegas this weekend and wanted to catch this.

8. dhayez702

dhayez702 Yellow Belt

yes there is a crapload of places showing it, especially strip clubs lol. The mirage is showing it. Not a bad place. They also have a topless pool there if you wanna check it out. Seen Floyd Mayweather there a few times.

9. qazz

qazz Yellow Belt

That call ahead to verify was a good call. The Tampa Ale House is NOT showing the fight even though its listed.

10. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Dang, the Hooters I called won't be carrying it. Looks like i'll have to order it.

11. jamesgalb

jamesgalb Green Belt

FYI, these are bars that regularly use GG Boxing to run their Boxing and non-UFC PPV events. This is not just a list of random sports bars as they all have a history buying MMA and Boxing PPVs.

Call ahead to find out. Of the 15 listed in Tampa, 7 are playing here, so around 50% here.

12. Bacon Bits

Bacon Bits Banned Banned

Call ahead. As already stated by some posters, this is NOT a list of venues hosting the PPV.

The nearest places listed to me in that search engine didn't even know what Bellator was, but were sure as shit quick to remind me about UFC 173 next week.

13. ABSthetics

ABSthetics Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Called Hooter's since it was the only place of the dozen bars that show MMA in my area that showed up.

Asked about the Bellator PPV and literally got a "what? What sport is that?" as the response. Literally Lol'd and said thanks.

14. TankAbbott

TankAbbott Blue Belt

Hope I can find one this weekend - Can't justify the 50 dollar PPV

15. juanM3

juanM3 Purple Belt

I wouldn't be surprised if the BWW by me shows it because there might not be much else on at the time. Although even then they might only have a couple TVs and no sound dedicated to it. I remember calling them before to ask about a Strikeforce and boxing events and they were like "what?".

I looked at their website and Youtube is listed as a place to watch, so I assume you will be able to order the PPV from there. I'll probably do that.