Finally we will see what can JDS do on the ground

Yeah we'll see again what JDS does when he rocks someone and goes to the ground for the finish.

I love her.

Shakira Shakira

As you should.

As we ALL should.

931.gif

People should stop acting like Cain is a different fighter this time. He is not.

People should stop acting like Cain is a different fighter this time. He is not.

I agree, it IS baffling.

However, I highly doubt this fight is going to go down like it did last time.
Meaning, we should see a decent display of skill by BOTH men before a winner is declared.

This time no doubt Velasquez will take JDS down and control him there,his ground game truely an mystery and I really want to see what he can do on the ground...at the and War JDS as always...

JDS has that Chuck Liddell thing about him, seems like he will just spring back up in the fight. But we will see. Cain, has great mix between his wrestling and punching.

Hopefully we will see more of JDS skillset.

However, it would be pretty funny if it ended in a quick KO again... I would feel bad for Cain though.

I think Cain will take JDS down, but its going to be a real pain in the ass to keep him there. JDS has shown nothing but good TDD so far and Cain doesn't have instant devastating GNP, it is more accumulation.

I would also feel bad for Cain if it is quick KO, but I would ROFL my ass off looking at these threads afterwards. :)

Im gonna have to disagree. Cain might get JDS down. If so, I think JDS is back on his feet within a minute. We'll see...

Cain will fear being ko'ed its going to effect his wrestling

There are only two known factors here, JDS is the champ and JDS tapping Cain on the chin can quickly make Cain take a nap. At the end of their second fight those are probably still going to be the only 2 things we will still know.

This time no doubt Velasquez will take JDS down and control him there,his ground game truely an mystery and I really want to see what he can do on the ground...at the and War JDS as always...

I hope you are right and I love Cain Velasquez, but I just think JDS is too much for him in the standup and he will get KO'd in either the 1st or the 2nd again :(

i dont think cain will bring jds down. if he does, i dont think it will last for a significant amt of time.

JDS, also mentioned he is going to KO referee this time, if he tries to stop it early. Basically, he said something along the lines of "fans are not happy with a quick KO, they want to see more, and I plan on doing that". So, if Cain is KOed in R1, R2 will be JDS vs Herb Dean and Steve Mazagatti.

JDS, also mentioned he is going to KO referee this time, if he tries to stop it early. Basically, he said something along the lines of "fans are not happy with a quick KO, they want to see more, and I plan on doing that". So, if Cain is KOed in R1, R2 will be JDS vs Herb Dean and Steve Mazagatti.

Source?

If Cain comes out like he normally does, he's going to get KO'd fairly easily. He gets hit too much, and his striking has holes big enough to drive a semi truck through, let alone one of JDS' punches.

Spamming take downs against JDS is a one way ticket to la-la land.

Cain's going to have to be patient and pick his spots to shoot. If Cain hasn't improved his counter striking offense (which would necessarily improve his counter striking defense), then all of this is going to be for naught, because he'll get KO'd.

I'm not saying Cain is a bad fighter, he's great. That doesn't change the fact that he gets hit waaaaay too much.

Thus far in his career he's been able to get away with it (he gets caught in almost every fight and, aside from the JDS fight, has managed to survive), but until he makes significant improvement s to his striking defense, he's always going to be extremely vulnerable against big punchers. That's especially true of big punchers who have elite boxing like JDS.

JDS set up that overhand right perfectly. That thing didn't just fall from the sky, and it wasn't a fluke or a lucky punch. He hit Cain with a couple of hard straight rights to the body which opened up the overhand. When he threw that punch Cain expected it to go to the body again, and JDS snuck it upstairs.

Last edited:
JDS has that Chuck Liddell thing about him, seems like he will just spring back up in the fight. But we will see. Cain, has great mix between his wrestling and punching.

If Cain is like any version of Chuck, he's like the old Chuck who gets hit too much and doesn't have a great chin.

Last edited:

LOL, bullshit

I really doubt cain will keep him down, cain is to slow when he is on top of guys and JDS gets back up to his feet like a cat.

Back