Finally watched Chandler v Brooks fight...

100 Not Out

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
...and Chandler remains undisputed undefeated Bellator champion.

Reading about 10-8 third round made me really curious and what an anti-climax.

Chandler easily won R1 and R2.

Round 3 was 10-9 for Brooks. He did very good gnp but that's what wins you the round and not gives you 10-8. I am sorry. If there was a knock down then ok but there wasn't.

Chandler won round 4 as well. Just. He did the most damage on the feet in all round and had Brooks hurt in the 4th. Two hard shots > hail mary, pls no more hard punches, takedown. The dirty illegal knee that busted Chandler's nose should have resulted in a point deduction. He knew what he was doing.

Chandler won and almost finished Brooks in R5. Easy round for Chandler. Final score: 49-46 maaaaayyyybe 48-47.

Brooks fought well but he is not as good as Chandler. Chandler defo needs to make some adjustments, he way too sloppy but he has time.

I am not going to lie to myself. Chandler won and was unlucky with the decision in his last two fights. Stays 12-0.

Round 3 was definitely a 10-8...Chandler did nothing and was almost finished multiple times

And no way in hell that Chandler won round 4

Why? Is World MMA Board so hot right now? Better things to talk about?

Round 3 was definitely a 10-8...Chandler did nothing and was almost finished multiple times

And no way in hell that Chandler won round 4

I don't know. You need a knock down in my opinion. It was a good period but it was only a period. 10-8 are almost non-existant nowadays. Did it feel like Brooks won? No. Who was on top at the end looking for the finish? Chandler. The end of the fight is very important because it doesn't matter how good the opponent was before if you on the ground trying to survive. Those two straights in the 5th were the hardest shots of the whole fight.

I had Chandler taking 3 rounds and Brooks winning 2 rounds. Round 3 no way was a 10-8 round even though Brooks easily won that round.

I had it 48-47 Chandler but it's whatever. Brooks is gonna get ktfo by Eddie.

I scored it for Chandler (48-47) and I'm a fan of his, but he made a lot of mistakes in that fight. He over committed to a lot of take-downs and wasn't in a good position to spring back to his feet after he shot. Brooks took his back like 3 times because of this. Will Brooks is a great fighter and shocked the hell out of me.

Round 3 was 10-9 for Brooks. He did very good gnp but that's what wins you the round and not gives you 10-8. I am sorry. If there was a knock down then ok but there wasn't. *

Chandler won round 4 as well. Just. He did the most damage on the feet in all round and had Brooks hurt in the 4th. Two hard shots > hail mary, pls no more hard punches, takedown. The dirty illegal knee that busted Chandler's nose should have resulted in a point deduction. He knew what he was doing.

Chandler won and almost finished Brooks in R5. Easy round for Chandler. Final score: 49-46 maaaaayyyybe 48-47.

Brooks fought well but he is not as good as Chandler. Chandler defo needs to make some adjustments, he way too sloppy but he has time.

I am not going to lie to myself. Chandler won and was unlucky with the decision in his last two fights. Stays 12-0.

*That isn't how it works. A knockdown is not required for a 10-8 round, this isn't boxing. Brooks achieved dominant grappling positions multiple times, landed really big shots from the top position, rocked Chandler with head kicks, elbows, landed good punches. Chandler did nothing in that round so it's a 10-8

Chandler won round 4? You should watch that one again. 90%+ of scorecards on MMA decisions and almost all the media scorecards gave Brooks that round. It was pretty clear imo. You can't really factor your own personal fouls into the scorecard. Scoring this round for Chandler, bringing that up, and your opening line show you have a strong Chandler bias.

Chandler didn't almost finish Brooks in round 5. He dropped him with a punch but didn't land any real follow up and wasn't close with that arm triangle. By the time he passed to one side to really attempt the choke Brooks was already out, which is why he let go. Up until the last thirty seconds Brooks was out striking Chandler by a wide margin, took him down a time or two (even suplexed him, threw him up for da 5). I scored that round 10-10

48-47 Brooks but a draw is fine too.

Fight was a draw to me.

Either way i find it funny how Brooks and Warren act like they have the real belt.

*That isn't how it works. A knockdown is not required for a 10-8 round, this isn't boxing. Brooks achieved dominant grappling positions multiple times, landed really big shots from the top position, rocked Chandler with head kicks, elbows, landed good punches. Chandler did nothing in that round so it's a 10-8

Chandler won round 4? You should watch that one again. 90%+ of scorecards on MMA decisions and almost all the media scorecards gave Brooks that round. It was pretty clear imo. You can't really factor your own personal fouls into the scorecard. Scoring this round for Chandler, bringing that up, and your opening line show you have a strong Chandler bias.

Chandler didn't almost finish Brooks in round 5. He dropped him with a punch but didn't land any real follow up and wasn't close with that arm triangle. By the time he passed to one side to really attempt the choke Brooks was already out, which is why he let go. Up until the last thirty seconds Brooks was out striking Chandler by a wide margin, took him down a time or two (even suplexed him, threw him up for da 5). I scored that round 10-10

48-47 Brooks but a draw is fine too.

I am not factoring it in. Round 4 was Chandler's based on damage. Plus Chandler was pushing all the action pretty much. Anyway, whatever, I know what I saw. Brooks post-match chit chat makes it even funnier. No wonder Bellator are trying to make the third fight between the champ and Alvarez.

49-46 LOL As King Mo said, you a d-rider.

3,4 Brooks Would really have to watch Rd 3 again to be certain it was a 10-8, and Rd 5 to tally points for final call.

I am not factoring it in. Round 4 was Chandler's based on damage. Plus Chandler was pushing all the action pretty much. Anyway, whatever, I know what I saw. Brooks post-match chit chat makes it even funnier. No wonder Bellator are trying to make the third fight between the champ and Alvarez.

What damage? The striking was pretty even and Brooks out grappled him, took him down and took his back twice.

96% of the scorecards on MMAdecisions give Brooks that round and all the play by plays give him that round. I don't think i've seen anyone give Chandler round 4.

Pushing all the action doesn't factor into the scoring unless it's effective. Chandler was capitalized on due to his aggression.

Well if you say so it must be true. Someone inform Eddie and Will and strip them of their belts.

I also thought Chandler won the fourth, 10-10 at worst. I think people are scoring the two brief moments of back control Brooks had way too highly or something because I don't know what else could have possibly given him the round. But the fact is he did ZERO with it. Chandler actually used the position the first time to get a reversal and maintain top control and land some GnP for nearly two minutes. People often talk about how wrestling is scored too highly, then they want to make a huge deal about someone taking someone's back for a second when it leads to nothing. Within the context of the fight it did nothing for Brooks and Chandler actually made better use of the position the first time.

Alvarez is the champ so your last sentence makes no sense. Unless you think Chandler one the second fight against Eddie. In which case it would be obvious why you blindly scored this fight for chandler.

I just don't see why people thought Brooks won the 5th. Sure it was close...until Chandler completely took over in the final minute.

I'm not sure Chandler beat Brooks, but he certainly didn't deserve to take an L. Should have been a draw.

Chandler's performance was disappointing. That can be because of Brooks or how he approached the fight but everything about his game seemed off...and he kept giving his back to attempt the reverse back to top even after Brooks had adjusted to the body triangle and not giving up on a takedown attempts that long since failed gave Brooks a lot of opportunities to gain favorable positions on the ground.

I felt he won the Alvarez fight, but that one was more either way than this one..there was a couple rounds in that fight that could have gone either way. I felt this Brooks fight was a Chandler win or draw. Brooks owned the 3rd and 4th...i just don't see how he won any of the others.

Last edited:
Chandler's like the Frankie Edgar of Bellator, he'll easily beat lesser opponents but almost every title fight that is a decision could go either way.

10-9 Chandler
10-9 Chandler
10-8 Brooks
10-9 Brooks
10-9 Chandler

47-47 draw

Wow I am so glad you are not a judge. Saying rd. 3 can't be 10-8 and rd. 4 was Chandler's ... this is the dumbest thread I have read on Sherdog all month.

Draw or Brooks won, Chandler can't win that fight. 5th is a toss up, brooks did control most of the round though.

Back