Finally the UFC sign Tom Niinimaki, fights Rani Yahya TUF 18 finale

I figured they would sign him for a European card but its about time he's in the UFC

Niinimaki is decent but he don't deserve Yahya and that's one tough debut fight.

Vegas event usually have 12 fights and 6 fights are already booked.
This means some TUF 18 cast members can't get fights.

Rani Yahya wins the first two rounds by way of superior grappling but not much else and then loses the 3rd round because he's gassed and/or not very good en route to a 29-28 decision.

How close am I?

and he loses his first fight

Shouldn't be surprising. Has been the trend for reasons seasons with the exception of TUF 17. TUF 16, TUF Brazil 2, and TUF Smashes all had cast members that didn't get finale fights.

Great news. Whats with the UFC signing all these top prospects lately? they've really stepped their game up and have been signing the best prospects.

Someone please explain me why Yahya keeps facing unknown fighters...first Clopton,now this guy?

Ridicolous.He deserves a top 15 opponent at least.

I'm so pumped right now. I believe Niinim

Oh man. This is going to be awesome.

Expect Yahya to be annihilated on the feet if he can't get this to the ground.

Here's Tom's highlights.

My guess is they're going to spread them out over November to Feb. I bet they wind up using almost everyone on the cast.

Great news. Whats with the UFC signing all these top prospects lately? they've really stepped their game up and have been signing the best prospects.

They tend to go on signing splurges from August to October and March to May. That's when they get signing crazy, probably because the budgets reset.

Yahya will destroy mah Niinim

Back