Finally quit smoking

I smoked all through highschool and even had my first few cigarrettes in 4th grade.

haha same here.

my dad smoked my entire life (still does) & for almost all of his life. me & all of my buddies used to steal cigs from him when I was like 7-8yrs old & then worry afterwards about smelling like smoke & getting caught. good times.

back when I started a pack was like 2.05-2.35. now they're like 13 beans. fuck that

haha same here.

my dad smoked my entire life (still does) & for almost all of his life. me & all of my buddies used to steal cigs from him when I was like 7-8yrs old & then worry afterwards about smelling like smoke & getting caught. good times.

back when I started a pack was like 2.05-2.35. now they're like 13 beans. fuck that

I remember thinking that I was fully addicted to cigarettes after having only 2 of them (and probably not even inhaling properly) haha. I was too young and all of the lectures about not smoking got to me :redface: On top of that, they were virginia slims iirc.

Weird. I started using a vape on new years and I prefer it 100 percent to cigs. My teeth are whiter, I don't smell anymore, I still get my buzz, I can smoke inside, don't have to roll my car windows down when its 10 degrees etc. Etc.

I still want to quit nicotine and will by llower strength atomizers next time I go in

Although I do believe when I smoke the e cig outside the bar the other smokers think im a tool

Yeah I hear good things but the few people I know that tried it went back to real smokes. I'm going to give it a shot sooner rather than later. Just gotta figure out what to get.

they were virginia slims iirc.

haha my buddy used to smoke those to try to ween himself off of cigs. don't think it worked. my dad used to smoke Dunhill reds back then. now I think he's moved to 555s.

when I was smoking I only smoked Marlboro Reds, nothing else. if there wasn't ever a Red then I wouldn't smoke. I think that's why it was extra easy for me to quit too.

congrats bro! i cut down a lot since the new years and am trying to cut out cigarettes all together by the end of the year. im looking to start using e-cigarettes as well. can anyone recommend me a good brand? i heard v2 and green smokes were the best around

^^ I personally think your time span to completely quit is too long. I quit cold turkey & all of my friends thought I would be the last to ever quit. you can do it, trust me. you just have to realize how disgusting it is & how disgusting it makes you feel

haha my buddy used to smoke those to try to ween himself off of cigs. don't think it worked. my dad used to smoke Dunhill reds back then. now I think he's moved to 555s.

when I was smoking I only smoked Marlboro Reds, nothing else. if there wasn't ever a Red then I wouldn't smoke. I think that's why it was extra easy for me to quit too.

Funny, I used to smoke Dunhill reds on occasion. They were more expensive though and I usually smoked either Marlboro 27's or Reds. Can't stand anything with menthol or anything too light though, so quitting was easier because I was picky.

It's a great excuse to "get some fresh air", and social smoking is quite relaxing, at least emotionally and socially. Takes your mind off problems. Mastering the inhalation is fun in itself, training your throat and lungs to take the smoke. And, especially at first, there's nothing so satisfying as a smoke after a big meal when you are a new smoker. Gives you a nice buzz.

Hell yeah. I agree with this, when I was a smoker I always had a cigarette after a meal. Always.

If you're an ex-smoker, download the phone app 'QuitNow' it's free. You just put in what day you quit (if you remember, I don't), how many cigs you smoked and what they cost. It keeps track of how long you've been a non-smoker, how much money you've saved (based on how much you paid for a pack of cigs), how many cigs you've not smoked (based on how many you said you smoked a day) and how much time you've saved.

My stats: August 7, 2012, 154 days without smoking, 1548 cigs (10/day), $348.30, 6 days, 10:48:00.

^^ I personally think your time span to completely quit is too long. I quit cold turkey & all of my friends thought I would be the last to ever quit. you can do it, trust me. you just have to realize how disgusting it is & how disgusting it makes you feel

This, pretty much. I actually had no intentions of quitting smoking. I went out one night, I think I smoked a full pack, and half of another (30 cigarettes, for the uninformed). I woke up the next morning just feeling like total garbage, my mouth felt like an ashtray. I didn't want to feel that way anymore. I just threw out my cigarettes, and tried to not think about smoking. The big test was my friend's wedding a week and a half later. One of my friends who was a heavy smoker for ~3-4 years quit a few months prior, so I told him not to let me smoke. I didn't.

Now, I just don't think ab out it, but I do miss it sometimes - especially when I'm driving.

I used to smoke Parliament Lights or Marlboro Lights.
When I bought them, I'd be sorta douchey and ask for "Marb Lights". FWIW, I just realized this was douchey.

but I do miss it sometimes - especially when I'm driving.

This is what gets me every time. While I'm driving and having a coffee in the morning and when I'm driving home at night. Then I always have one after lunch and dinner and usually break down and have a a random one during another point of the day. I'm down to around four a day during the week which is good considering where I was this time last year.

I'll go through a half a pack a day if it's a slow day and I'm bored. I was at a full pack a day last year and two packs a day on the weekends whilst drinking.

Gratz! It's my New Year's Resolution....again.

I attempt quitting at least 4 times a year. Make it a month or so, and then I crumble. Trying to make a real run at it this time....which I say every time.

I quit for a year once, and then another time for two years. I'm going for at least three this time. Cold turkey every time. The key is you have to really want to quit. Convince yourself that you don't like it, and be very explicitly aware of how it affects your health, and have a desire to not let that happen.

Reading all this, I just missed smoking for a minute. Then I remembered the tight chest in the morning and coughing up shit.

Can a smoker explain why they started smoking and why they continued smoking? Like what are the benefits? Honestly smoking has got the be the most retarded thing to start doing known to man, at least crack gets you high.

I

How much are the electronic cigarette/vapor things? Where do you buy them? How much do you have to normally smoke to save money on the electronic cigs?

I've known three or four people that tried to quit using the electronic smokes and always went back to the real thing.

Basically, you can get two adjustable voltage batteries, two tanks, a wall and car charger and a bottle of fluid for about $80. That bottle of fluid lasts about two weeks.

Mine is a mod and the kit cost $125.

I smoked a carton a week, so about $250/month. I spend about $25/month keeping my tank full, so I save about $220/month on average.

You can check for vapor shops in your area. Luckily there's one about 5 miles from my house.

I'm not talking about the cigarette looking ones either, the first time I saw someone smoking these I thought it was a weed pipe. So did my Lt. the first time he saw me smoking mine, now he has one too.

Last edited:
my gf has something like that. it has problems(something in it is broken) or something apparently. i just don't think she is ready to quit despite her saying that she is trying to quit. i watch her chain smoke and just shake my head at her then she gets all defensive even tho i didn't say anything.

Basically, you can get two adjustable voltage batteries, two tanks, a wall and car charger and a bottle of fluid for about $80. That bottle of fluid lasts about two weeks.

Mine is a mod and the kit cost $125.

I smoked a carton a week, so about $250/month. I spend about $25/month keeping my tank full, so I save about $220/month on average.

You can check for vapor shops in your area. Luckily there's one about 5 miles from my house.

I'm not talking about the cigarette looking ones either, the first time I saw someone smoking these I thought it was a weed pipe. So did my Lt. the first time he saw me smoking mine, now he has one too.

Good for you. I vaped to quit as well. I keep vaping because I like the addiction but I am at a much lower nicotine level than when I started. I also switched from pg to mostly vg and make sure I get made in the USA liquid.

I have a few mods but the only one I got a reaction to was my gf calling the eVic a high tec dildo.

I know it's not perfect but it's a whole helluva lot of harm reduction. I didn't notice my cardio come back right away (it did though) but smell and taste came back really quick.

I'm dropping down nic levels slowly but surely, eventually I'll be off.

Last edited:
Back