Finally Nick Diaz rematched with Robbie Lawler after 17 years

Yep you are the only one.

170 is a wasteland right now. A couple of top dogs and a ton a B level guys like Masvidal or old guys near the end of their career. Nick will add some much needed zing into the 170 division. I doubt even at his best if he beats Usman or Covington but everybody else (other than maybe Leon) would be in a shit ton of trouble against him.

Exactly, if Nick wins and wants a title shot, Usman or Colby would be begging for that big money fight against a guy that's been inactive forever. Has huge title implications

TS, nobody uses weed to heal let's not kid ourselves. Potheads smoke to get high and become lazy incoherent pasty mouth deadbeats.

170 is a wasteland right now. A couple of top dogs and a ton a B level guys like Masvidal or old guys near the end of their career. Nick will add some much needed zing into the 170 division. I doubt even at his best if he beats Usman or Covington but everybody else (other than maybe Leon) would be in a shit ton of trouble against him.

Well I guess we'll see how Diaz looks when he returns, at his best yeah he's contending but after 6 years out I couldn't see him causing any real issues for the top guys.

This fight ends in a stoppage. I don't know for who and I honestly would not care. I just wanna see these dudes try to take each other's heads off for as long as it goes. Some call this fight irrelevant because neither is in title contention. To them, i say, who gives a shit! There's only one thing a true fight fan should want from this match:

just-bleed.gif

Hate to break it to you but Nick has looked horrible. Even in the videos he puts out you can clearly see he's not the same Nick Diaz. This fight shouldn't be sanctioned.

Nick's absence for the past six years is not marijuana related. He's been doing other things, like drinking alcohol.
Yep. They reduced Nick's suspension and he still didn't want to come back. He's been living that millionaire alcoholic life.

After watching Holyfield ... i'm not too enthusiastic about this fight
This, no one holds on to the good ole days like middle aged MMA fans.

How disconnected is this post? Talking down on "old and b level guys like Masvidal", while hyping up the return of the fossil that is Nick Diaz? Sorry to burst your bubble bro, but just check out his training footage. Nick isn't going to add anything to the division, he was matched up with Lawler for a reason. Dana just squeezing those last few drops out.

Last edited:
I expect a staring contest, to be frank. With some taunts from Nick, but very little footwork to do anything about it. Lawler's just gonna bob and weave. I hate to say this, but that's how I feel. At least they'll get paid.

Think this fight is going to let a lot of people down. If it's a good scrap I'll be happy to see it.

Damn i'm Pumped for this---War Nick

Back