Finally! My Jon Jones thread

You're whining like a little bitch because I didn't worship Jones. I gave the man his dues, and yet it's not good enough unless I worship him. He's earned my respect but I'll never be a fan. :icon_evil

Yea man he had my hespek when he was running through people and remaining humble. When he started getting shitfaced and wrecking his car and shit, crawling around like a douche, etc, he lost it for me. At this point it comes down to what kind of personality I would want to expose my young son to as a role model. Jones ain't it.

Jones winning that fight did increase my respect. Think about it in Round 4 he was down 2 rounds to one on two of the three scorecards and was about to go down three to one and managed to pull out the last two rounds even though he was cut and could hardly move. At first Jones was likeable remember when he caught that purse snatcher before the Rua fight? Jones just doesn't have a likeable personality and the whole Machida choking, Evans feud and UFC 151 mess gave fans actual reasons to dislike Jones. Jones isn't a model citizen or anything and is far from the most likeable guy but he's a good person and though I'm not a fan personally I respect him and his accomplishments.

Finally! I've been waiting!

oh ok, back when kimble still had a green name i saw some people calling him a mod so i just assumed

He was.

PittmanWink.gif

I have been a hater, and will continue to be a hater, but I have respect for Jones' talent. On the same note, it's hard to appreciate the heart that he showed in the fight with Gus when he is all but ducking him post fight. I don't necessarily agree with the immediate rematch, but a lot of people wanted it. He could have been tactful and came out and set something to the effect of "Let Glover have his moment. Gus can get another fight in the meantime, but we will do it again, so I can put all of the doubters to rest," but instead he said "I watched the fight 10 times, and now I'm convinced I won, so there's no point in fighting Gus again."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back